Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Green River Lake

Anything good going on on GRL, bass fishing wise? heading down next weekend just wondering the conditions and if there are any fishing reports that may be available? thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't help ya on the Bass fishing, or any recent reports ... but, I can tell you that you'll be sharing the water with a whole lot more than the regular crowd of anglers !! Crappie USA is having a tournament out of Holmes Bend on Sat 26th ... they could have 100-200 teams in this event. Many of them are likely to be there several days beforehand, prefishing for the event.

I think I'd go here, instead : http://cumberland.uslakes.info/Level.asp (for Bass)
    Or to Taylorsville, for Crappie.

Jus' sayin' !!

... pappy

Post Thanks / Like
    Great... I am going to be down there crappie fishing the next weekend.... sounds like I would have better luck fishing in a swimming pool...

Post Thanks / Like
    Went Saturday caught about 60 bass all species five best went over 20lbs as far as technique I like to keep a secert will tell u need to be fishing reaction baits thats what work for us. Hope that helps good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    There are two bass tournaments out of Lone Valley on Saturday the 26th and R&W is fishing out of Ramp One on Sunday the 27th. We fished last Sunday afternoon for awhile and did pretty good, especially toward the evening. The water on the main lake sections has cleared nicely but the upper parts of the Robinson Creek arm is still a bit muddy but very fishable. Didn't venture up the river arm any. Water temps were lower to mid 60's at the trolling motor transducer and mid 60's on the surface.

I think last Sunday was National Inconsiderate Pontoon Boater's Day on GRL as there were several pontoon boaters cruising around the lake at about 25 feet from the shore and they would totally ignore the fact that someone was fishing there. Since it was Easter I didn't say anything nasty....out loud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like its gonna be crowded! Thanks for the responses guys...and gals!

Post Thanks / Like
    Theres been 2-4 bass tournies out there every saturday since early march, dont let that scare ya away. The lakes fishing really really well right now, so i wouldnt hesitate to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was out there two weekends ago and caught this just north of emerald isle marina on a spinner bait. I got a little action using top water, but the winds were keeping me from doing more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bass.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	7743  

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by norussa View Post
    I was out there two weekends ago and caught this just north of emerald isle marina on a spinner bait. I got a little action using top water, but the winds were keeping me from doing more.
    I'd say you were directly across the lake from EIM and the cabins, right about where the no wake zone is. Keep throwing that spinnerbait around there and a musky about the size of a stovepipe will latch onto it. Btw, nice catch.