Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Electronics Limbo

I finally broke down and moved in 21st century. I didn't go high dollar but bought a Hummingbird 598ci HD SI (actually bought it 1 1/2 yrs ago) and I still can't figure it out. It's prob bottom of line offering side imaging. Anyone know of a class offered to help us folks who need Depth Finders for Dummies? Guys I'm serious would love to be able to interpret what I am seeing.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a wealth of info over on bassboatcentral.com. In the top left corner, click on BBC Boards. They have separate forums for Humminbird and Lowrance. If you can't find the answers you're looking for, start a new thread - there's plenty of guys ready to help with any question you can throw at them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyberetired View Post
    I finally broke down and moved in 21st century. I didn't go high dollar but bought a Hummingbird 598ci HD SI (actually bought it 1 1/2 yrs ago) and I still can't figure it out. It's prob bottom of line offering side imaging. Anyone know of a class offered to help us folks who need Depth Finders for Dummies? Guys I'm serious would love to be able to interpret what I am seeing.
    Randy Kuhens of Kick N' Bass guides out at KY Lake offers a sonar class, it is very helpful and worth the time and money! Although he specializes and uses Lowrance I'm sure there are enough parallels to Humminbird.

http://kicknbass.net/sonar.php

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    although not the most expensive in the HB line, don't sell your unit short by calling it the bottom of the line. You still have an excellent unit that when you figure it out, will be a great tool to help you catch more fish.

As the other guys have said check out bass boat central, there are 2 hummingbird boards to help you.

Doug V also has a great selection of videos on youtube

Ben parker has a DVD called bass under glass unlocking mega schools which is a great resource for humminbird users. I watch it several times a year.

Also, call around to some local boat dealers, most of the dealers I know have an electronics rep on hand at least once a year to answer questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorbass View Post
    although not the most expensive in the hb line, don't sell your unit short by calling it the bottom of the line. You still have an excellent unit that when you figure it out, will be a great tool to help you catch more fish.

As the other guys have said check out bass boat central, there are 2 hummingbird boards to help you.

Doug v also has a great selection of videos on youtube

ben parker has a dvd called bass under glass unlocking mega schools which is a great resource for humminbird users. I watch it several times a year.

Also, call around to some local boat dealers, most of the dealers i know have an electronics rep on hand at least once a year to answer questions
    thanks guys excellect resources!