Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lowe Pro Jon 15' Build

Hey all,

I bought a 1984 LOWE Pro Jon 15' boat with a 25hp mariner on it. I took it out one weekend and decided to do some work on it.

1. Started out with 3 bench seats, 2' deck up front and no storage. Used a angle iron bracket for a trolling motor.

2. Cut out the middle bench seat.

3. Built a deck out of aluminum angle iron and stainless steel rivets. Its 44" off the original deck, so now its about 6' long.

4. Drilled out any of the carbon steel screws from the previous owner's deck he had in it, scrapped off any of the old rust or corrosion inside the boat. Painted inside with rustoleum hammered silver.

Next i'm gona deck the front with 1/2" plywood and carpet. It will have two hatches for storage underneath as well as storage for my cooler and trolling motor battery. I also got a motorguide foot controlled trolling motor to mount on the front. To finish it off i'm gona put down plywood and carpet on the floor between the front deck and back seat and put a deck over top of the gas tank in the back between the u-shapped benches.

Should be a fun boat when I'm all done, i'll post some pictures when i get there. Just thought it might give some guys ideas for their boats. It took me about a day to remove the bench and build the angle iron deck. Another day for prep and paint. I should be able to get the plywood done in a day as well. Not bad and i have about 250 bucks in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2411.jpg 
Views:	1097 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	7744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2430.jpg 
Views:	2025 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	7745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2431.jpg 
Views:	1140 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	7746   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2434.jpg 
Views:	1665 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	7747  

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks real nice.................

Good JOB.

Post Thanks / Like
    Decked with marine grade plywood and carpeted. Two hatches in with piano hinges.

Picture is taken at a bad angle, there is still exactly 6' of room between the end of the front deck and front of the rear bench. Need to get the floor cut out of plywood, carpeted and installed. Front hatch holds battery and bak hatch is opening for storage and beer cooler.

I also ordered a 3 gang marine switch with breakers and some marine speakers. I'm goin to put the switch in the wall at the end of the front deck with the speakers and stereo. Lights and trolling motor nee to be mounted and wired and I'll be good to go.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	700 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	7763  

Post Thanks / Like
    A bunch of gear arrived in the mail. Got a 3 gang switch with 15A breakers. I think i'm going to run stereo on 1 switch, nav lights on 1 switch, and anchor light on 1 switch. That could change if i decide to add a bilge pump or fish finder.

Got the speakers mounted, switch board mounted and the stereo head unit with waterproof cover mounted. I have the floor cut out and I need to test fit it and get it carpeted. Then i can mount the board with all the electronics, finish up the wiring and mount trolling motor and i'll be done.

Name:	IMG_2459.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	7804   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2462.jpg 
Views:	717 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	7805  

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post