Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Stripernut caught some great smallies today

LC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	7753  

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! nice fish....did you target them or catch them fishing for stripes? Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

smallies

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    WOW! nice fish....did you target them or catch them fishing for stripes? Chuck
    hey chuck i was tqrgeting smallmouth, caught 27 that day, 10 keepers, 8 over 20", best fish was 23-1/4". Weighted the best 5 on scales and had just a bit over 26lbs. The very dark smallmouth was not one of the best 5 i just wanted to show how dark that fish was. All 6 that i temperarily kept were kept on pro air and medicated water long enough to get weighed and they were all released to keep on growing big and fat. Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    hey chuck i was tqrgeting smallmouth, caught 27 that day, 10 keepers, 8 over 20", best fish was 23-1/4". Weighted the best 5 on scales and had just a bit over 26lbs. The very dark smallmouth was not one of the best 5 i just wanted to show how dark that fish was. All 6 that i temperarily kept were kept on pro air and medicated water long enough to get weighed and they were all released to keep on growing big and fat. Lol
    What a day! Heck I'd hang up my cat poles for a trip like that.Going to have to grab ole Mark and head down your way sometime.Way to go. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

smallies

hey chuck, mark sent me his pics.....im sure youve seen them too. as you can see he is on the bite too we were fishing together that day (just in different boats in different parts of the lake lol) but we stayed in constant contact and were able to communicate subtle changes as the day progressed, it saves a lot of time if you can head em off at the pass lol, if i fished tournaments i know who my partner would be !
    it wasnt the biggest numbers days ive ever had, and i didnt catch the biggest fish of my life that day, but i tell you ive never had a day on cumberland where i caught so many big smallmouth, i didnt see a ky or lm that day.

cmon down with mark, we'll grab a steak n tater one evening

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    hey chuck, mark sent me his pics.....im sure youve seen them too. as you can see he is on the bite too we were fishing together that day (just in different boats in different parts of the lake lol) but we stayed in constant contact and were able to communicate subtle changes as the day progressed, it saves a lot of time if you can head em off at the pass lol, if i fished tournaments i know who my partner would be !
    it wasnt the biggest numbers days ive ever had, and i didnt catch the biggest fish of my life that day, but i tell you ive never had a day on cumberland where i caught so many big smallmouth, i didnt see a ky or lm that day.

cmon down with mark, we'll grab a steak n tater one evening
    I would be proud to be your partner Jeff.....we just might be pretty doggone dangerous together to....

I've been trying for years to get the Chuckster down there and I can't drag him off that ole river long enough...