Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What/Where on Patoka?

I have a small club tourny this Sat on Patoka and havent fished it much for the last month.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...108 views and no replies (except one PM, which I appreciate very much).....

I forgot that everyone thinks they are pros....

Post Thanks / Like
    It's crazy I agree. I hate this site for Indiana. Nobody wants to help in IN. You go to Kentucky sections and all kinds of reply'a but not here!!! I haven't been in a week or so but I will say that we won a small tourney this time last year in the south fork area. The bank by the pump station no the pump station but that whole long bank was gold for us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomdata View Post
    I have a small club tourny this Sat on Patoka and havent fished it much for the last month.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    Maybe I can help you a little. I was on the lake last Friday-Sunday and I did have some luck. Dont get me wrong the bite was slow and I really had to pay attention but if I were you Id fish my way back into the wooded coves and grass flats very slowly being sure to hit everything. I was throwing 1/4oz brown and black jigs rattle and black trailers plus 3" green pumpkin flipping tubes using 1/8oz tungsten weights. I didnt do anything on spinnerbaits or rattletraps...............however I did have a good fish miss a rattletrap at the boat. Try the baits I spoke about and fish them very slow being sure to stay in contact with the bait at all times!! Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Im heading back to the lake for the weekend as of tonight, Im hoping that with the rain we had this week that the areas I like to fish have some decent color to them..............last week some of my favorite spots were starting to get pretty clear........................good luck to all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies...I really appreciate the info!

Sorry for sounding like an arse!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnfltn View Post
    It's crazy I agree. I hate this site for Indiana. Nobody wants to help in IN. You go to Kentucky sections and all kinds of reply'a but not here!!! I haven't been in a week or so but I will say that we won a small tourney this time last year in the south fork area. The bank by the pump station no the pump station but that whole long bank was gold for us.
    some of it has to do with giving information out and then seeing BAGS of big fish going to the knife.

It happened and happened on this site, from someone bass fishing at Patoka.

Folks REMEMBER that stuff.........

I personally don't care, you buy a license and have a legal limit, so be it..but if everyone did it, we'd have no patoka.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not eaten a Bass that I have caught ever! Now I do like me some sea bass but that is expensive stuff!!

Now that would **** to give out some info to help and they clean it out for a couple fillets..

Post Thanks / Like
    To me, asking for info to help win a tourney because you can't get out or dont have time will get no response. Who wants to give someone info for that? I i dont have time to go, I just go and try to figure it out. I don't think I've ever asked for info on a tourney. Can't learn anything like that

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think it is bad t ask for water color, temp and what the fish are doing. And about eating bass, they are great to eat.. Creel limits were put in place so a fisherman can take the fish not for us tournament fisherman. I take a bass home every now and then to eat. Mostly early in the year when the water is cold. Nothing like a good fresh fish dinner!

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually had a pretty good day at the lake on Sunday, I ended up with four solid fish by 11:00, the last one of the morning was right at 5lbs. Im heading back in the morning, should be a good day. As for giving out information Im a tournament fisherman too and I dont mind helping ah guy out, patterns come and go quickly on Patoka and Ive had to get the help of others as well. As for eating the fish, I dont eat bass but panfish are on the menu alot at my house!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t have a problem with anyone taking some fish home to eat...just not from a tournament or from someone’s else’s information that they have given. Some have to be taken or it will affect the growth rate and population.

As for never asking for help....well like I said....thank you to the ones that replied...I moved away for 25 years and have been back for around 7 years now and got my first boat 5 years ago. Did not have the luxury of living here and going to the lake and being the all knowing masters like some.

ps...I got skunked because I did not take the advice I was given by some nice folks on here.