Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rod Reviews

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 00SKEETER View Post
    I'm looking to go to one brand of rods. Right now I have anything from Falcon Cara, St. Croix and BPS Rods. What affordable rod company do you guys favor? Looking to stay in the $150 range. Not interested in the $300 rods. I'm thinking about sticking to the Falcons but the Cara T7's are now $200+. Use to get them for $169 about 3 years ago.
    You can find high end rods on the internet all day long. I have purchased retail for about 1/2 of my rods. The rest have been purchased here or other places.

You will regularly find guys here selling Loomis, Cumara, Caris, St Croix, Dobyns, etc, etc. I purchased 4 cumara's from here from a guy for 500 bucks.....that is 120 each, and they were SOLID rods.

Even purchased a couple for a buddy from Dave Stewart here.........Just look around, they are available. Sometimes they are heavily used, but hey, if they are not damaged, they are GOOD to catch a few more thousand fish.

Later,

Geo.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love falcon rods! That was all I used for a while but now I'm slowly converting to Abu Garcia rods. Great price, light weight, very durable, and crazy powerful. Only complain I have is the majority are foam grips not cork grips. But for the price you can't beat them in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have all Abu Garcia Veritas and Vendetta rods. For the money, I love them. I have been wanting to try out Duckett's new Ghost series though....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by offdtop View Post
    Dobyns Savvy series! For a little more the champion line is top notch.
    This is where its at, I second the Dobyns Savvy Series. Hard to beat for that price.

Post Thanks / Like

Solid Rods

Fishin is Life is selling two Shimano rods, that IMHO are a great, GREAT deal.

He's a standup guy and I've dealt with him before..........

http://www.fishin.com/forums2/showth...ra-and-crucial

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    I am with Geo , there is no need to pay retail just shop around a little on the online forums and 1/2 price is very doable for a lightly used rod. I myself am a Shimano Cumara and Loomis NRX fan . Again I seldom pay full price.