Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bassboat over the Dam at Elkhorn?

A guy at work today said that his Fireman neighbor told him that a bassboat went over the dam in the Oser Landing pool of Elkhorn Creek this weekend. Said the guy was able to get him self up to the fire station there in front of the creek. Anyone heard anything about that? I googled elkhorn boat wreck but didn't find anything. Supposedly a brank new boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to get to Peaks Mill

Post Thanks / Like
    He could have just caught a ride with the hundreds of people that canoe ky takes through peaks mill every year

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep really did happen I was fishing there and had to tow the guys boat back to the ramp at by waters

Post Thanks / Like
    Said that he was trying out his outboard and didn't know the dam was there and turned and the back of the boat went over the dam and then it tipped over the dam backwards upside down trapping him under the boat he finally got out and reached help looked like a old 15ft bass master with a 40 johnson on it boat had damage bilge pump ran constantly while I towed them to the ramp

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the boat was new to him, not new. I figured there had to be some truth to it but found it ofd that no news came up Guess you guys got it taken care of pretty quickly

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea guy was very lucky I thought it might have been on the news but I guess they kept it to themselves probably better for the guy anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im sorry i dont mean to laugh cause im sure it was scary as hell but ive fished that dam growing up its called petes hole and ive caught many a monsterous fish out of it as a teen but not once did i ever see a boat fly off of it i dove off it a couple times but that is hillarious if id had been fishing there when that happened id probably have stroked out

Post Thanks / Like
    How is that "hilarious".... Let something like that happen to you and see how "hilarious" it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke512 View Post
    How is that "hilarious".... Let something like that happen to you and see how "hilarious" it is.
    1 i wouldnt run a bass boat on elkhorn its tiny and shallow 9 ft deep is deepest ive seen and the fact is ive done things just as stupid and survived the situation is funny but im glad the guy survived and is healthy and if i was fishing down there when it happened i would have freaked out

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiehunterchris View Post
    1 i wouldnt run a bass boat on elkhorn its tiny and shallow 9 ft deep is deepest ive seen and the fact is ive done things just as stupid and survived the situation is funny but im glad the guy survived and is healthy and if i was fishing down there when it happened i would have freaked out
    I have skied in Elk horn,born and raised on it and run a 85 horse wide open on the way back to ramp.You got to know the creek and where you are , much like any other body of water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellkat View Post
    I have skied in Elk horn,born and raised on it and run a 85 horse wide open on the way back to ramp.You got to know the creek and where you are , much like any other body of water.
    All the people who say they know elkhorn on here have probably either talked to me or seen me fishing i was there almost everyday from the time i was 10 to the time i was 20 i always caught soft craws and always was fishing or giving advice on the creek i know elkhorn like the back of my hand still do thats my home waters thats why id never ever run a boat on it not a big on3 anyways i kayak it now seems to work alot better than when yer in a big boat espeacially for the crappie