Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

St Clair June 12 through 15th

Well I have a buddy that is taking me to St Clair and I am beyond pumped. I only know what I have read about this lake and my mouth is drooling. I know alot of you fellas have fished this lake a fair amount, Magiksmallie comes to mind and I wanted to see what seasonal pattern I can expect during that time.

Any and all info is appreciated and I will just enjoy hearing some stories......Did I mention I AM PUMPED!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I went there several years ago. Be careful and follow the channel buoys. You'll be out in the middle of this bowl of water and come up to a sandbar in the middle of no where.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    I went there several years ago. Be careful and follow the channel buoys. You'll be out in the middle of this bowl of water and come up to a sandbar in the middle of no where.
    Did you do well up there Rob??

Post Thanks / Like
    My expectations were high and I didn't meet them. Had some motor issues with my old Mercury on the old Skeeter and that kept us closer to our lodging site.

Very different "Canada" experience for me as there was limited to no structure to target my casts. Learned to look for the shallow sand ridges (submerged sand islands) out in the deeper water and weed beds that were closer to shore.

I took my younger son with me so that made the trip fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Well I have a buddy that is taking me to St Clair and I am beyond pumped. I only know what I have read about this lake and my mouth is drooling. I know alot of you fellas have fished this lake a fair amount, Magiksmallie comes to mind and I wanted to see what seasonal pattern I can expect during that time.

Any and all info is appreciated and I will just enjoy hearing some stories......Did I mention I AM PUMPED!!!!!!
    +

I made a week long trip to LSC early last July and it was the most amazing fishing trip I've ever had. With 2 fishing buddies we probably caught at least 100 smallies and all were nice fish. I caught a 22 incher that weighed at least 6. We had numerous 4+ I suggest you put in at 9 mile ramp as there are very few public ramps available. Don't expect much courtesy as they resent out of state fishermen despite the $$$ we spend there. We had the most luck near the fishing channel in around 18-22 feet of water using Fat Alberts (watermelon red and bluegill) and tubes in similar colors. I would buy my baits before I headed up given their attitude and lack of help. I would also try to buy license online before you go as that was a nightmare experience. We simply located fish on the bottom (look for grass beds), let the wind and current carry us as we bumped bottom. We had very little luck fishing the shoreline line as we often do in KY, but did catch some nice rock bass near the shore. The lake is large, but not more than 30 feet deep anywhere so the rollers are nothing like a south wind on KY Lake.

We are heading back in early July for a week and I look forward to your report.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks fellas I will post a report when I return, I am beyond pumped!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

When are you going? I just got back yesterday....and I.......crushed em!!!!....heyyyyy, it might help if I read the title of the post right? haha. Man I'll send you a PM. we fished for 5 days and caught the hell out of the them...big ones too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a great trip. Hope you catch a bunch! Pictures when you return. That plug with the colorado blade on the back: wake it or walk it, or mix it up. Smallies love it The jointed plug too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    Sounds like a great trip. Hope you catch a bunch! Pictures when you return. That plug with the colorado blade on the back: wake it or walk it, or mix it up. Smallies love it The jointed plug too!
    Oh I plan to use that for sure buddy.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    When are you going? I just got back yesterday....and I.......crushed em!!!!....heyyyyy, it might help if I read the title of the post right? haha. Man I'll send you a PM. we fished for 5 days and caught the hell out of the them...big ones too!
    Oh I'm getting excited.......................BIGTIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    Looking forward to that pm Magik.....

Post Thanks / Like

OK I got this.....here's what you do ,get you about a 14'' skippy and put it on a 10\0 Gamakatsu rig it like a drop shot and hit the channel ledges...you won't catch many but when you do it'll be a big one LOL, JK my brother have a great time and catch a bunch. When you get back we gonna have to hit the river Chuck