Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question St. Clair Guides

I didn't want to hijack the other thread about the lake so I started my own. My girlfriend and I plan on taking a vacation around mid August to St. Clair and I want to get a guide to take us smallmouth fishing for at least 1 day. Do any of you all have suggestions for who to get? Also, if anyone knows of other fun things to do around the lake, I'll welcome those suggestions too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not much to do but fish. For sure stay the hell out of Detroit,,,,,its very dangerous and easy to get in a shady place before you know it. Might be safe to take in a Tigers game at Ford Field, but be totally prepared directions-wise. Don't know any guides, but look at my other post. It's really not that tough a place to fish,,,,same basic tactics you use anywhere for smallmouth.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Kevin Long a couple years ago and was very impressed. He was very professional and put us on a lot of smallies in some of the worst weather i have ever fished in. http://www.longcast.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got back yesterday from a 5 day trip, slayed the smallmouth....a couple 100 fish days, average fish was around 18" and 3.5#...you won't need a guide, but if you want one, "Art of Fishing" is the man!

Post Thanks / Like

great guide

Scott Taylor of taylor made guide service 855-354-8433 took us out last year on july 5th. Had a great day and caught a bunch of fish. Very professional guide and a great guy to talk to about fishing. You can tell he loves the sport and the fish as much as anybody. He doesn't use live bait and encourages catch and release of the bass. His guide business is on fb and has a web sight also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was there last week and it was a little tough Tuesday/ Wednesday due to Rain and Dirty Water. We caught around 80 on Wednesday and 200 on Wednesday. If you need a guide, Art Ferguson is there everyday from now through late in the year where he will then take off and guide in florida. Late Summer and Fall fishing is a lot different than May.
    If you have a boat you can go yourself and drop shot the shipping channel edge about 2 miles out from 9 mile boat ramp

Post Thanks / Like
    We went again last labor day had to go out to the shipping channel to find fish. Not the most pleasant of boat rides I've ever had that's for sure. Went out to dumping grounds about 5 miles from the ramp. Really could have used a drift sock to slow us down some. Much prefer earlier when the smallies are in the shallows.