Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing for H-bird help

OKAY HERE'S THE DEAL...
    I have a 797 and 997 SI on my boat that I recently purchased and installed as a buddy got new units.
    I am a little unfamiliar with these as I have used Lowrance for years. I wanted to see if someone in and or around Lexington was familiar with these and could help me get them dialed in to the right settings and provide me a little instruction on how to use these effeciently.

In exchange I would be willing to take them to my Private club lake here in Lexington Fishing. This is a Premier Private lake that a few of us on here refer to as "E"... The actual name is Ellerslie
    I went Saturday for 2.5 hours and caught 23 bass 3 walleye and a catfish. It's not uncommon to catch 50 fish in an afternoon including Bass / Walleye / Catfish / Crappie etc.
    I am a Bass Fisherman and can more than likely put you on the fish and would all but gaurantee we catch one or two or 3 over 4lb's plus.. Maybe even 5-6lbs.. they will likley average 2 to 3 lbs. I would be willing to go catfishing or crappie fishing if that is what you do but the Bass are where my skillset rests.

Let me know if you are up to the challenge and interested in catching some fish... If you live in town we can go one night after work or one morning on the weekend. (as long as I am not fishing a tournament or at church)
    Thanks
    Jon

Post Thanks / Like
    While you wait on someone to take you up on what sounds like a great trip, head over to bassboatcentral.com and read the Humminbird forums and watch Doug Vahrenburg's videos. That's how I learned to use my SI unit. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_07 View Post
    While you wait on someone to take you up on what sounds like a great trip, head over to bassboatcentral.com and read the Humminbird forums and watch Doug Vahrenburg's videos. That's how I learned to use my SI unit. Good luck.
    Thanks there Ranger Man, Already ahead of ya! Good Fishing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey I found that setting in the driveway in the boat and use the Hbird on the simulator mode was very helpful for me. It allows you to go to any menu and change any setting and see what it does on the screen without having to go to the lake. I liked it because you can change the screen background color on down imaging and 2D sonar to see what you prefer the best. You can even adjust the sensitivity on both modes to learn where you need to set them in deferent water conditions. It is a good way to get familiar with the unit before you get on the water. I find that the Hbird units are pretty easy to operate after you play with it for a short while. The simulator is a very useful tool for me. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I have used Hbirds for years and I will help if I can. We can talk on the phone if you want .