Search Fishin.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: guist creek?

Post Thanks / Like
    as im getting older im not fishing as hard as i used to....but i still fish over 200 days a year and i can tell you this...
    you can fish for 3 months straight and wonder where all the big quality fish have gone? sure youre catching the occasional 5lber...maybe a 6 or two, tons of just keepers but for the most part its just an average run of the mill day. and then theres that one day that happens once a year when all the stars and moons and whatevers line up and you catch 53 bass in 3 hours with multiple 6+lbers and a 7 and all the 4s you can set the hook on....and then its over and its back to same old same old.

the point is this....there might be more big fish swimming around than we think. day before yesterday we caught a keeper smallmouth trolling for stripers in 112 feet of water...he was 40 feet deep. im pretty sure the kdfwr doesnt do too many shocking surveys out there in that water. not all bass live in 8ft of water on the shore....and most big bass dont spend alot of time there so they just arent accessible.

i dont ever keep ANY smallmouth...EVER....i rarely keep any largemouth....i will keep every spot i catch that is over 12 invhes until i have 6....they little pieces of fried candy.
    but if you want to keep a legal bass? heck tell me wht time supper is, ill bring the cole slaw !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by restornator View Post
    Bass fishing by and large is for idiots. You (KVD) spends thousands of dollars, have about 30 3700 boxes full of lures, 15 combos, a hydrowave, power pole, and $1500 GPS sonar unit, and you don't want to keep any fish??!?! Talk about a waste of time and money. Do you hunt with a paintball gun, too?
    He can't sit there and tell me he would put all his 8+ fish back in the water ( If he could catch them) I know better then that crap or maybe its just all the 4 to 6 lb fish were suposed to throw back so he can catch them for his self..
    I realy think he is a arm chair fisherman ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gijse View Post
    Caught this today on guist creek on a yamamato worm
    So I don't think the biting is too bad caught 4 other smaller ones but released them this was enough

nice bass congrats:-) I believe in keeping and releasing I do them both just depends on if they have eggs and so on...
    bas r great! eating baked :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Two largest bass I've seen, one was at Auburn University that looked about 6 inches longer than my 8.5lb personal best, the other was under my dock at Nolin Lake. It was pushing 10. I've seen several 5+ cruisers at Nolin. Larger fish tend to follow patterns, while the dinks are scattered everywhere. That's probably why KVD is only catching dinks.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about throwing smaller baits for the big bass ive thrown small baits and caughy monsters as to were a 7 inch worm will mostly catch 10 inch fish

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I hope your ARROGANT ass doesn't fish tourneys, because I've seen more dead quality KEEPER bass left at a ramp this time of year than anybody could harvest.

If you do fish tourneys, and you fish them this time of the year, you need to STFU.

Later,

Geo
    I've fished bass tourny's for years and have never, to my knowledge, killed a single bass. So your comments don't apply AT ALL!! this guy keeping one bass killed more than I do tournament fishing so how about you STFU!

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately this thread is turning into nothing more than trolling and throwing personal insults. I am locking it.