Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best reel for $100

Looking for something new and I have some extra money around and need a new reel to put on one of my rods. Want something nice. Was lookin at some of the cheaper shimanos. Want somethin very versatile that I can be flipping and casting with. I would like to keep it around $100 but may consider something a bit more pricey. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks, drew

Post Thanks / Like

good buys

Been getting a lot of stuff off ebay lately. Just bought a brand new quantum smoke for 100 bucks the reel retails for 199. Just check the auction items for the best deal but always check other places like Bass Pro or tackle warehouse to make sure you're getting the best value for your money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright I'll look at that. Any good reels you know of specifically? Looking for bait casters only

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. Check ebay out. You can get lucky and buy a brand new abu garcia revo s for around $100. But IMO bass pro's pro qualifier is the best reel @ retail price for $100. You can catch them on sale for around $70. They also come in a lot of gear ratios. I believe 5.4:1 to 7.1:1 but dont quote me on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got several of the Lews and these reels cast great. Like everyone else said check out ebay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dissel View Post
    I've got several of the Lews and these reels cast great. Like everyone else said check out ebay.
    Like the lews tournament speed spool?

Post Thanks / Like
    i have several of the bass pro qualifier reels and they are pretty good all around reels. if you have $100 right now i would recommend the carbonlite baitcaster. recently switched to these and i plan on selling all the pro qualifiers to get a couple of more carbonlites. weighs nothing in your hand and can cast a mile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea the tournament speed spool or even the speed spool. Both are really good reels. You can pick the speed spool up on ebay for less the 100 and the tournament speed spool just a hair over.

Post Thanks / Like
    3 words
    Quantum
    Quantum
    Quantum
    Bass Boat Central Reels for sell section has a lot of great deals!!
    You can also check Sierra Trading post for great deals. Checke them everyday and a lot of times they will go on sale
    for a couple days at a time. I had a buddy buy two Quantum Catalyst for 60 bucks each.
    I have bought several Quantums off BBC. They also have a tone of BPS reels.. There is a reason they sell these a lot and for cheap!
    I own quantums that still perform like new that are 10 years old

Post Thanks / Like
    Which quantums? I was given one for free that was one of there cheaper reels and bought one of there cheaper reels and they weren't worth a crap

Post Thanks / Like
    Also there is no reels for sale on BBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Lews Super speed spool. Have 2 now, and I love them. Have one paired on my duckett micro magic, favorite combo I've ever had.