Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yea Teacher's Unions are an AWESOME idea.......

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/17...ons-protected/

OOPS.......this was reported of Fox, so it is all lies........LIES I tell ya.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

dumbing us down

NO GEO I'm not going to go the "fox " route even for the date or time. Yes some teachers are inadequate, mostly the patronage ones. All they need to know is someone, not something. T eacher unions unions are needed. Unions are not clamoring for creationism, school boards are. Most of the teachers I know are for dress codes, school boards and some parents are not. A system that pays a college teacher 10,000 a year, and a football coach 10 million is wrong! I remember when I was going to school, I didn't have rights. I will admit that some of my teachers were nuns and brothers, my wifes teachers the same.I paid for my childrens primary education.they had a dress code till they graduated college.My son is a teacher, and he, because of cicumstances wound up as a teaher, taking a pay cut in the thousands. Why would a person obligate themselves to possibly 14 years of schooling to earn 40,000 a year. Almost all teacher plans are under funded, most are noteligible for social security, the medical plans are a joke, and 10 hour days are the norm, if anyone needs a union its them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unlike Gorski I read the article and will comment on what I read. I'm not a fan of unions and crap like this is what fuels my dislike of unions. I like to think it's abuse of the system and contracts by unions that enable this type of nonsense!

These type of stories could be found every few months across the USA and people will still support the unions. I guess it will take a Murder to get peoples attention about the asinine abuse of unions. To me any teacher found molesting a child should be jailed once proven guilty not protected by a union for a "minor" or first case of molestation. It's sickening!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    NO GEO I'm not going to go the "fox " route even for the date or time. Yes some teachers are inadequate, mostly the patronage ones. All they need to know is someone, not something. T eacher unions unions are needed. Unions are not clamoring for creationism, school boards are. Most of the teachers I know are for dress codes, school boards and some parents are not. A system that pays a college teacher 10,000 a year, and a football coach 10 million is wrong! I remember when I was going to school, I didn't have rights. I will admit that some of my teachers were nuns and brothers, my wifes teachers the same.I paid for my childrens primary education.they had a dress code till they graduated college.My son is a teacher, and he, because of cicumstances wound up as a teaher, taking a pay cut in the thousands. Why would a person obligate themselves to possibly 14 years of schooling to earn 40,000 a year. Almost all teacher plans are under funded, most are noteligible for social security, the medical plans are a joke, and 10 hour days are the norm, if anyone needs a union its them.
    So you sent your kids to private school then? Were their teachers in a union?

Post Thanks / Like

You would not be typing in here without a teacher

Teachers need to be paid more. They work long hard hours. They go home from school and have to spend hours grading papers and checking students test etc.

Anyone who is against the teachers having a union is selfish IMHO. I guess they expect someone to teach and baby site their kids for free. Not going to happen. As Kygorski said they spend lots of money and time to get the education and license to teach. Not just anyone can walk in off the street and start teaching in a school.

What Geo loves to do is take a few bad apples and then preach to us how the Whole Bushel Basket of apples are all bad. Isn't that want the GOP does all the time? The same thing that Fixed News and Rush or O'Reily does? They are all a bunch of Loonies.

You would not be able to read this forum if it were not for your teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    Teachers need to be paid more. They work long hard hours. They go home from school and have to spend hours grading papers and checking students test etc.

Anyone who is against the teachers having a union is selfish IMHO. I guess they expect someone to teach and baby site their kids for free. Not going to happen. As Kygorski said they spend lots of money and time to get the education and license to teach. Not just anyone can walk in off the street and start teaching in a school.

What Geo loves to do is take a few bad apples and then preach to us how the Whole Bushel Basket of apples are all bad. Isn't that want the GOP does all the time? The same thing that Fixed News and Rush or O'Reily does? They are all a bunch of Loonies.

1). Get rid of the union and base a teachers pay on performance.....You weed out the bad, and reward the good. PERIOD.
    2). Problem kids should not be allowed in school. Teachers are not baby sitters. Stop using them that way.

Yea, Geo loves to talk about the bad apples, because there are so many of them. I ran into more bad, and "just average" teachers when dealing with my two daughters than I can shake a stick at. There were more bad than good......and that is a sad, sad statement.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    1). Get rid of the union and base a teachers pay on performance.....You weed out the bad, and reward the good. PERIOD.
    2). Problem kids should not be allowed in school. Teachers are not baby sitters. Stop using them that way.

Yea, Geo loves to talk about the bad apples, because there are so many of them. I ran into more bad, and "just average" teachers when dealing with my two daughters than I can shake a stick at. There were more bad than good......and that is a sad, sad statement.

Later,

Geo
    I agree, and I see the teachers union is a place of refuge for incompetent teachers. Pay them based on performance and watch what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post

Anyone who is against the teachers having a union is selfish IMHO.
    Huh? How so?

Have you lost your memory? The Democrat party doesnt do this? What? CNN, MSNBC and most others do the same thing. Hell Obama and gun control advocates do it now! Anyone owning a gun is in their crosshairs...we, the legal law abiding gun owners are guilty by the actions of a few individuals and need strict gun laws to stop law breakers? Remind me which party and a huge majority of it's supporters are judging who again?