Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just My Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Just My Luck

While sitting at a red light tonight in Somerset on the way fishing I get hit in the rear of my boat which was a 1995 Dynatrak 180 STE with 95 Evinrude Intruder 150 behind my 2003 Silverado 4x4 & Get the boat, motor & trailer totaled & several thousand dollars damage to my truck too by someone who blew a .15 on the breathalyzer & admitted to having a lot to drink when asked by officers. My truck & boat were in pristine condition. Didn't notice the missing Huimminbird 1198 until after the boat was hauled to the towing service yard. I went back, but it was nowhere to be found. This fellow had Allstate insurance. Anyone have experience with Allstate paying a claim without them trying to rip you off ??? Guess we'll see whose in good hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    By the time the cops would have got there it would have went from a dui to a more serious charge if it was me good luck on getting the stuff fixed though

Post Thanks / Like

Chris

Believe me some pretty bad thoughts went through my head as I'm pretty hot headed. lol The truck I think can be fixed, but the boat is a lost cause for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you get pushed around I would take him to court because he had no right to be behind the wheel in the 1st place. I would have a new Ranger rung out of his hide!!

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Kudos to you for not stomping the drunk! Of course it would be really difficult to get very physical.....you know....with your neck and back hurt so bad.....just sayin

Post Thanks / Like

Thankfully

Nobody was hurt & I still had full coverage on my truck which I haven'towed on for years. Maybe that will help. I don't know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Nobody was hurt & I still had full coverage on my truck which I haven'towed on for years. Maybe that will help. I don't know.
    I believe that was a hint as to be like ohhhhh WHIPLASH!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    the only way to get full value for your stuff is to claim some bodily injury. otherwise they will only pay book value for your boat which you can't replace for that amount. you need to decide on replacement price and threaten lawsuit if they don't agree. you have the upper hand right now but DO NOT SETTLE on boat/truck value separately from complete settlement. USAA insurance screwed me big time on a similar deal. if they send you a check for boat, don't cash it until final settlement.

Post Thanks / Like

Dragmerc

Thanks & I already had a feeling they would try that.

Post Thanks / Like
    dragmark is right book value is all they will try to pay!!! been thru this on a new car only had it for 6months! and it was totaled :-( after all said I was left still owing 4500!!! and with no ride!!! good luck sir.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Thanks & I already had a feeling they would try that.
    Well now that it has been discussed in a public forum, and that is COMPLETE and UTTER insurance fraud, I'd wait until things are settled insurance wise then go after him in civil arena's.

One thing else.........in the future, and obviously it doesn't help you now , but OVER INSURE. I insure for replacement value, and check coverages on my boat and contents every couple years.

I sure hope it all works out for you.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys

What will be will be I guess I just hope they don't try to jerk me around & I can find something as good mechanicly as what I had. As faras looking great mine did. Lots of folks couldn't believe it was a 95 model. Just want to get it over with, but absolutley will not roll over either. lol I was thinking of going to a 19 or 20 footer anyway as soon as possible, but preferably a nice older 201 or 200 Pro with a newer year model motor,a TR 20 or a nice older Bullet. Guess maybe it will be sooner than later now, but sure didn't want to turn loose the funds right now as I'm getting ready to build a 28 X 32 polebarn garage to park the wifes car & my boat in. You know their gonna try to gig me for sure on the Humminbird. lol