Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nasty Rumor bout KY

Fish don't bite (feed) in KY between July 2 and July 7th; anything to it?

Post Thanks / Like
    They seem to get a disease around the holidays called moron pleasure boat arthritis of the lower lip..

Post Thanks / Like
    I've actually fished the 4th of July night for crappie with minnows and I did pretty well. And there was people swimming around my stake bed that day. But fishing during the day there is no hope. Nolin is a mad house so I couldn't imagine any of the bigger lakes. Pure chaos....

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually put the boat up this time of year due to the crazies out there. ........my blood pressure is already high enough. I don't need pleasure boaters and jet skis buzzing me while I"m trying to fish.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Think nocturnal - memorial to labor day but skip the big three holidays -- even at night. Minimal boats, don't get baked by the sun, and pretty darn good bite to boot...

kc

Post Thanks / Like

Memorial Day To Labor Day ???

I haven't fish in the day time all year. To say I love fishing at night would be an understatement. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep threatening to try the night bite during pre-spawn but have only done it a few times with limited success. I have this instinct that tells me if you want to catch a truly giant bass that under the right conditions they will come cruising the spawning flats at night and be rather hungry.

I have night fished a few times in the fall but have not connected with them like during summer. But it sure is peaceful out there in the dark no matter the season...

kc

Post Thanks / Like

Talking night time

Missus Stripernut was telling me a pleasure boat hit a pontoon boat saturday night. She thought the accident occurred in the beaver creek vicinity at or just after dark. She had no info on injuries or the extent of damage to either boat. So now it seems we cant even have the peace and quiet of night time fishing without the pleasure boaters running us over.....sheesh I give up. P.s. the missus' information is 100% accurate 10% of the time. ...so dont tell em ya heard it here lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    She's right, see link below. Also had a drowning at Burnside and a ski jet back issue airlifted out of Conley Bottom. Bad weekend, and it wasn't even the 4th.

http://lakercountry.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    Missus Stripernut was telling me a pleasure boat hit a pontoon boat saturday night. She thought the accident occurred in the beaver creek vicinity at or just after dark. She had no info on injuries or the extent of damage to either boat. So now it seems we cant even have the peace and quiet of night time fishing without the pleasure boaters running us over.....sheesh I give up. P.s. the missus' information is 100% accurate 10% of the time. ...so dont tell em ya heard it here lol.
    I have no idea why there is a smiley face attached to the title of this post....I didnt put it there unless I fat fingered something by accident??? I in no way meant to imply humor into someone elses unfortunate events..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by markmac60 View Post
    She's right, see link below. Also had a drowning at Burnside and a ski jet back issue airlifted out of Conley Bottom. Bad weekend, and it wasn't even the 4th. http://lakercountry.com/
    Thanks for the link MacAtack