Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The curse of Jonah

So how many people on here think they are cursed at fishing? For about the last 5 years I just cannot go out and catch anything, I mean I can hear a lake is hot, people are just catching by the hundreds. I go, nothing. Close friends are telling me a lake is hot, nothing. I take people that are catching fish the day before, not only do I not catch any thing, neither do they!! I use to tournament fish as a coangler, I catch nothing. And neither does boater. Anybody have the answer, voodoo doctor anything to get curse off me and my boat? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you're trying too hard. We all get into the minor details of fishing a little too much once in in awhile and we forget to just relax and have a good time whether we catch anything or not. My most memorable fishing trips are the ones I've spent with family and friends, not because I caught fish but because I shared the experience with people that I care about.

By the way, I had a black cat walk over a broken mirror under my boat's reboarding ladder and nothing bad has happened yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Bananas.

Nanners are bad luck on a boat! Be it the fruit, Banana Bread, those lil banana flavored taffys. Do a thorough search of your vessel Sir, there might be a peel hidden somewhere. Bad JuJu those bananas!

Post Thanks / Like

bad luck

redhead woman are bad luck lucky hats are bad luck for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have figured out what my curse is...The curse of the commercial fishermen! Pretty soon I'll have nothin but bighead and silver carp in my river and will have to take my son somewhere else to show him what his daddy does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NTIMAD8R View Post
    So how many people on here think they are cursed at fishing? For about the last 5 years I just cannot go out and catch anything, I mean I can hear a lake is hot, people are just catching by the hundreds. I go, nothing. Close friends are telling me a lake is hot, nothing. I take people that are catching fish the day before, not only do I not catch any thing, neither do they!! I use to tournament fish as a coangler, I catch nothing. And neither does boater. Anybody have the answer, voodoo doctor anything to get curse off me and my boat? Thanks
    Hahaha that ***** but it's also fishing. I'm not a superstitious person at all. What do you fish for?

Post Thanks / Like
    We fish for largemouth quite a bit. Don't get me wrong we have a good time together and I am grateful for the friends that go. I see pics and hear stories and just wonder, I have a lure selection and equipment that would rival most anybody's , I have just never went out or taken anybody out that we catch fish. My son and myself were out last time just saying that we would like to go out and just catch a couple of 3 pounders apiece. I fish the same techniques that my friends do, same equipment same lures, they wear them out. I appreciate being able to fish I with my son but honestly we are both getting to the point of getting rid of everything and doing something else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Change ur attitude. It may help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you fishing? Changes lakes. Changes what you are doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    This may have absolutely nothing to do with it, but I have seen similar things happen and have been convinced that the "snakebit" person had something on his hands that left a bad scent on his baits. Gasoline, hand lotion, bug repellent etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downsize to an ultralight set-up for a little while. Get a few of those real small Rapala shad raps maybe one in perch color and find a decent shoreline/ points etc to follow and cast towards and see if you don't have a little more action. Although a lot of it will be smaller sized fish you can however still catch a nice sized bass with it also. It might not be what you are looking for but you should be able to go out with your son and at least see some fish. There is nothing like being out with a son or daughter catching a handful of fish. I hope your luck turns for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by olgreenboat View Post
    redhead woman are bad luck lucky hats are bad luck for me.
    I've always heard that green is an unlucky color so maybe it's your ol boat instead of the lady or the hat. LOL. By the way, I'm a brunette.