Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sea Foam?

Post Thanks / Like

Sea Foam?

Good, bad, neither? Do you use it with your oil? It works like Staybil too?

Post Thanks / Like
    I run it once a year. You can add it with sta-bill or use it by itself. Always heard good stuff about it and it's never caused any issues for me. Thumbs up!

Post Thanks / Like
    all Sea Foam is is isopropyl alcohol and distilled water . As a macanic for over 30 years I do not recomend any one to use this stuff in todays cars or boat motors there is better injector cleaners out there . Use this at your own risk as I take no responsabilaty for you your boat car or any thing else..
    The best I have used a and still do today is simple mineral spirits AKA charcoal starter fluid . Use 1 pint to 10 gallons of fuel for cars and 6 oz for 6 gallons premix boat fuel .

Post Thanks / Like

Alcohol mixes with water

Quote Originally Posted by olgreenboat View Post
    all Sea Foam is is isopropyl alcohol and distilled water . As a macanic for over 30 years I do not recomend any one to use this stuff in todays cars or boat motors there is better injector cleaners out there . Use this at your own risk as I take no responsabilaty for you your boat car or any thing else..
    The best I have used a and still do today is simple mineral spirits AKA charcoal starter fluid . Use 1 pint to 10 gallons of fuel for cars and 6 oz for 6 gallons premix boat fuel .
    To test if this is true take some seafoam and mix it with some water. If you see a phase separation then it's not alcohol but instead more oil based. It the seafoam and water will not mix if it's not alcohol based.

This is the first I've ever heard or read that SeaFoam is Alcohol and water? I figure it was more like xylene or toluene instead.

And it works. It will dissolve all the old burn carbon out of your engine and make it run better especially if it's an older engine. I use it in my truck, law mowers, chain saw, grass trimmber, gas blower, and boat all the time. Every one of my gas engines get seafoam and stabil in the gas they burn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    To test if this is true take some seafoam and mix it with some water. If you see a phase separation then it's not alcohol but instead more oil based. It the seafoam and water will not mix if it's not alcohol based.

This is the first I've ever heard or read that SeaFoam is Alcohol and water? I figure it was more like xylene or toluene instead.

And it works. It will dissolve all the old burn carbon out of your engine and make it run better especially if it's an older engine. I use it in my truck, law mowers, chain saw, grass trimmber, gas blower, and boat all the time. Every one of my gas engines get seafoam and stabil in the gas they burn.
    I don't think it is alcohol. Sure doesn't smell like alcohol .

I also use seafoam and stabil in my outboard. Works GREAT.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll use Seafoam for the first tank of the year to burn out the carbon. Does it work? I don't know but my engine is still running strong.

Stabil added with all gas in the boat. Does it work? My engine is still running.

I also stand in the yard and bark at each full moon to keep the elephants out of my yard. Does it work? I haven't seen any elephants in the yard.

I really don't know if these products (Seafoam and Stabil) work but, yes I use them all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post

I also stand in the yard and bark at each full moon to keep the elephants out of my yard. Does it work? I haven't seen any elephants in the yard.
    That only works if you do it nekked..........and TRUST me I don't wanna see or hear about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not alcohol I drank a bottle and did not feel a thing. With that said I use ring free and stay-bil every tank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    I'll use Seafoam for the first tank of the year to burn out the carbon. Does it work? I don't know but my engine is still running strong. Stabil added with all gas in the boat. Does it work? My engine is still running. I also stand in the yard and bark at each full moon to keep the elephants out of my yard. Does it work? I haven't seen any elephants in the yard. I really don't know if these products (Seafoam and Stabil) work but, yes I use them all the time.
    A am at a Mexican Resturaunt and almost sprayed my burrito all over the table when I read about the elephants. I would not stop barking at them under any circumstance. If it's been working.,..

Those outboards are vital pieces of machinery.

Post Thanks / Like
    IF you really want to know what SeaFoam is .... read this :

http://seafoamsales.com/wp-content/u...seafoam_EN.pdf

Pale Oil .... (napthenic mineral oil)
    Naptha ... (mineral spirits)
    IPA ... Isopropol Alcohol

.... basically a lubricator, cleaning solution, drying agent combination.

... pappy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    IF you really want to know what SeaFoam is .... read this :

http://seafoamsales.com/wp-content/u...seafoam_EN.pdf

Pale Oil .... (napthenic mineral oil)
    Naptha ... (mineral spirits)
    IPA ... Isopropol Alcohol

.... basically a lubricator, cleaning solution, drying agent combination.

... pappy
    Hell I forgot all about the MSDS LOL . Hats off to you pappy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I don't think it is alcohol. Sure doesn't smell like alcohol .

I also use seafoam and stabil in my outboard. Works GREAT.

Later,

Geo
    SeaFoam is 10-20% Isopropyl Alcohol and distilled water.