Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Cumberland Stripers advice

Going to head to C-land Friday midday. Going to buy shiners and pull boards Friday evening. Camp on the lake and TRY to catch some bait for Saturday at first light. I was going to head out from the dam towards beaver/otter! Any help on bait, creeks, depths is very much appreciated. First trip this year with only 1 night. Hope to make the best of it thanks for any advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't fished in a couple weeks but I would try the main lake in the areas you mentioned and near the mouth if beaver and otter. Over on the north side of the lake might be good. Depth I would try 24' to 36' and make adjustments according to what happens and what you see on graph. . Again it's been a couple weeks for me. The moon will be about half illuminated and rising about 12:30 am and up past sunrise. . Not sure if you are planing to net bait on the surface at first light or put a light out. I would want my lines in a bit prior to first light if possible.

When you're heading up the lake to your campsite in the afternoon stop several times and graph some likely areas, points, Cove mouth, in front of coves, flats , inside coves a bit, points. This should give you a real good idea what you need to do that evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Wimped out due to the rain.

Thank Peter For the advice! Rain kept us at the house. I will hopefully try it next week. I plan in putting a green light out to catch some bait. Hope all goes well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1678 View Post
    Thank Peter For the advice! Rain kept us at the house. I will hopefully try it next week. I plan in putting a green light out to catch some bait. Hope all goes well!
    sorry to hear you got rained out....you missed a very good (quick) morning, but yes it was very wet.
    p.s. did you ever get a chance to take the youth group yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Still in a holding Pattern

Stripernut1,
    I have not and have mob awaiting. I want to do it before school starts! But quickly running out of time. I have actually put in my 2 weeks notice and will become a teacher in the local school system. Giving up 19 years of time, but it is just a calling for me to get more involved with the youth. Glad to hear you guys did well!!! I knew the "pontoon" campers would not have a tough nite if we had everything soaked! Hard to recover and the canopy is not soo big:/