Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

getting catfish bait ?

has anyone else noticed the lack of bait in the river ? im haven a hard time finding bait to net! places I normally go to this time of year their just not there slim pickins!

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you notice the water temps . just wondering. I truely think that the super cold weather we had last winter took a toll on a lot of fish the worst part was it so cold for so long and it has been cool up north all sumer and most of the river water has come from there . I'm i right in thinking shad can't take the real cold .I was watching this video of ky afield and they caught a silver or big head on a jig check it out it starts about 5:00 into the video . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R__5f2ebNEQ

I know lakes and rivers are not the same but i was at the lake and the shad was all schooled up . PM sent .

Post Thanks / Like
    Something is definitely wrong. It was tough last year and horrible this year. I'm struggling to come up with 10 pieces this year in spots that I used to have trouble getting the net back in from being so full. I only pray the Asians aren't the cause just yet...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep! The Asians are wall to wall in my neck of the river and I can't help but to think they are the reason.Between the carp and the commercial fishermen taking the big cats out, I think we are watching our river die right in front of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep!1. Less plankton 2. less baitfish3. less fish

Post Thanks / Like
    i agree with everyone of ya, something really needs to be done about Asian carp!!! i think thats a lot of it myself! the river just not what it should be!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can Asian carp be used as cut bait? I know big shad is favored for blues but just curious if anyone has tried it.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sglass View Post
    Can Asian carp be used as cut bait? I know big shad is favored for blues but just curious if anyone has tried it.

Shawn
    I never had used it for bait sglass but I would say just might work as cut bait. I don't use cut bait as much as I use whole bait. whole live shad is hard to beat when it comes to the big! kitties :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    The world record blue was caught using cut Asian carp.... Catfish regs update; the LCR followed the recommendations of KDFWR and passed regs. CF filed an injunction and judge honored. Regs are not effective until 12/1. Another big fight will occur after that to change law back (no regs) effective 7/15/15. The never ending story...

Big cats are the only natural predators for larger than shad size Asians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup I've watched that episode of ky afield and have personally caught Asian carp below dams with my curly tail grub in they're mouths. It's not good guys not good at all