Search Fishin.com

Thread: Lowe deck boats

Post Thanks / Like

Lowe deck boats

I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW 19 FT. LOWE DECKBOAT IN 2003. HAD TO SEND BACK TO FACTORY WHEN 5 YEARS OLD FOR A CRACK IN THE HULL WHICH WAS LOWES FAULT. THEY COVERED REPAIR 100%. NOW ITS 12 YEARS OLD AND HAS ANOTHER CRACK IN THE HULL WITH NO DAMAGE SHOWING IN AREA OF CRACK. THERE ARE PLATES WELDED IN BOTTOM OF HULL TO REINFORCE THE HULL AND THIS CRACK IS RIGHT AT THE END OF WHERE THE PLATE WAS WELDED IN TO THE HULL. I CAN LOOK AT HULL AND SEE WHERE THEY WELDED ALL OF THE ALUM REINF. PLATES TO THE HULL FROM THE OUTSIDE. I UNDERSTAND I AM OUT OF WARRANTY BUT JUST WANTED TO LET ANYBODY THINKING ABOUT BUYING A LOWE DECK BOAT ABOUT THIS ISSUE. MAYBE THEY HAVE CHANGED THE DESIGN ON THE NEWER DECK BOATS BUT I DONT KNOW. TO REPAIR......FLOOR/UPHOLS. HAS TO BE REMOVED FROM AREA. FOAM IN HULL HAS TO BE REMOVED..VERY FLAMABLE! THEN HULL CAN BE WELDED. I HOPE MY INSURANCE WILL COVER THIS !. I BOUGHT THIS ALUM. DECK BOAT TO LAST ME A LIFETIME. CALLED LOWE ABOUT HOW TO DO REPAIR AND THE DESCRIBED REPAIR ABOVE IS WHAT THEY SAID AND ALSO SAID ONCE THE WELDS START BREAKING IT WILL PROBABLY SNOWBALL ! . IM NOT GETTING THIS HULL WELDED EVERY YEAR. ILL TAKE MY MOTOR OFF AND FIND ANOTHER BOAT TO PUT IT ON. NOT A LOWE ! JUST WANTED TO LET ANYBODY THINKING OF BUYING A LOWE DECK BOAT ABOUT THIS........LATER JC

Post Thanks / Like

Update 9/16/14

Quote Originally Posted by first2fish View Post
    i bought a brand new 19 ft. Lowe deckboat in 2003. Had to send back to factory when 5 years old for a crack in the hull which was lowes fault. They covered repair 100%. Now its 12 years old and has another crack in the hull with no damage showing in area of crack. There are plates welded in bottom of hull to reinforce the hull and this crack is right at the end of where the plate was welded in to the hull. I can look at hull and see where they welded all of the alum reinf. Plates to the hull from the outside. I understand i am out of warranty but just wanted to let anybody thinking about buying a lowe deck boat about this issue. Maybe they have changed the design on the newer deck boats but i dont know. To repair......floor/uphols. Has to be removed from area. Foam in hull has to be removed..very flamable! Then hull can be welded. I hope my insurance will cover this !. I bought this alum. Deck boat to last me a lifetime. Called lowe about how to do repair and the described repair above is what they said and also said once the welds start breaking it will probably snowball ! . Im not getting this hull welded every year. Ill take my motor off and find another boat to put it on. Not a lowe ! Just wanted to let anybody thinking of buying a lowe deck boat about this........later jc
    ok,heres the deal....insurance wont cover repair...factory issues not covered by insurance...lowe...no help either.....i have a 12 year old alum deck boat that is junk ! Guess ill strip it and sell for alum scrap ! I will never set foot in a lowe product or purchase from them again !

Post Thanks / Like
    ok,heres the deal....insurance wont cover repair...factory issues not covered by insurance...lowe...no help either.....i have a 12 year old alum deck boat that is junk ! Guess ill strip it and sell for alum scrap ! I will never set foot in a lowe product or purchase from them again !
    ALuminum can crack. Fix it and go on

Post Thanks / Like
    Check around to see if there are a "lot" of these issues with other boats.............Maybe you can get some resolution legally.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by geofisher View Post
    check around to see if there are a "lot" of these issues with other boats.............maybe you can get some resolution legally.

Later,

geo
    guess ill checkinto that but looks like repair is comming out of my pocket.lowe wants 3500 to repair and i just dont have that right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Lowe deckboat welds!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Check around to see if there are a "lot" of these issues with other boats.............Maybe you can get some resolution legally.

Later,

Geo
    Welds breaking in my Lowe deckboat, now the kiel is separating. I loved this boat so much until it started coming apart. I think I'll look to Princecraft in the future...