Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Only Had Problems With BPS Reels

After bass & striper fishing hard for years. The first one lasted 8 years. I've have had a bunch of extreme rods & reels & literally wore them out. Since Shimano is stopping the lifetime warranty I'll more than likely be going back to bps. When I do it will be pro qualifiers. I sure can't complain about them whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    I have the abu revo s. It's hard to beat it that's for sure but I'm big on all abu products so I may be a but biased
    I love abu too. My buddy won't buy anything but abu and a little bps. Currently have a black max that I've been using for around 3 years now and only problem I have with it is that after I cast it's often hard to engage the handle to reel in. Want to step up my gear. Am sick of crappy 5 or 6 bearing pieces of junk. Have t say that is one bps product I can't stand. The bps tourney special. Can't cast anything far without back lashing and if you do get anywhere it may be only 30 feet. Makes me so mad. Almost threw it in the lake during a tournament but the nice rod it was on kept me from it lol

Post Thanks / Like

BPS Pro Qualifier and LEWS

I used the pro qualifiers for about 5 years..they are good reels just IMO needed a lot of cleaning and oiling and the cast distance declined rapidly. I have switched to the Lews SS1H and love then....they are smaller profile than the BPS PQ and cast a mile! I can find the Lews for around $80 and they just ran a rebate for $20 a reel. I also lost the side to one of my Lews and contacted Lews customer service to see about buying one since it was my fault and they sent me a new cover at no cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomdata View Post
    I have switched to the Lews SS1H and love then....they are smaller profile than the BPS PQ and cast a mile! I can find the Lews for around $80 and they just ran a rebate for $20 a reel. I also lost the side to one of my Lews and contacted Lews customer service to see about buying one since it was my fault and they sent me a new cover at no cost.
    Do you throw cranks on them? Looking for something in 5:4:1 that I can throw a light crankbait on. Also kingfisher, I just ended up buying two revo s's.