Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

BPS reels are THE BOMB.......

They may not be the best manufactured out there, but they are pretty dang good, and their warranty is second to none.

I was a bit miffed when BPS would not exchange out a reel with clearly a defective shaft and main gear. Hey, it was nearly 8 years old, so it was worth it.

But, what happened next was way, way cool. I took the reel to customer service, and they asked me if I wanted to ship it off for repair. I said sure.

A few weeks later, a BRAND NEW reel arrived with a note that the previous one was defective.
    YEA BABY......you cannot beat that.

Since this worked, I figured I'd try another reel. This time a bait caster, with a broken levelwind. Clearly, it too was defective, as the worm gear cut a funky path and simply stopped working.

Again, I went to customer service, showed them the problem and they suggested I sent it to service. Again, about 3 weeks later........BRAND NEW REEL.

Say what you want about the Chinese "junk" BPS sells.......if they are willing to stand by the "junk" and replace them when they break due to a failure, I'm completely DOWN with that. These were not chump cheap reels either. Top of the line Johnny Morris Signature Models that are in the 130-160 range.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    I love bps rods and reels. My reels are bps or lew's...and I have a lot of reels.lol

Post Thanks / Like
    does it say where they are made? i heard they were made in taiwan or korea in the same factory as lews and abu. i don't know for sure but i'm not giving my money to nascar. bps dumps on it's suppliers. lews or abu for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my extreme and am getting ready to buy 2 Johnny Morris carbonlights. Haven't had one break on me yet. Knock on wood lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not much on the BPS reels but I do use the cat Maxx rods and they are some of the best catfish and striper rods I have found. My dad had a couple BPS reels and they will stand behind them when they go bad. He even had a couple BPS bass rods that the tips broke and they gave him new ones when he took them back. BPS will take care of there product if you have an issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    i wouldnt say the level wind was defective. id say you wore it out from use. lol. i have before

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the older gold carbonlights any good reels? The older ones that came out before the Johnny Morris series

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the last model carbonlite before they made them johnny Morris. I remember when the new ones came out, I heard horror stories that they had messed them up. I'm sure they now have the kinks in them fixed though. In my opinion, pro qualifier is hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know if I want to go pro qualifier or abu revo s

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought the Prolite baitcaster, $59, 10 bearings, dual brake system, and really like the reel. Bass Pro salesman said the reel is made by Daiwa and similar to their $150 reel. Only difference is the drag washers and better bearings. Do a google search, pretty good feedback on this reel. Cant beat it with this price, special edition reel.
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Pro Qualifiers are the best reel on the market under 100 bucks. I have about 10 of them with the oldest being 8 years old. I have yet to have had a problem out of one. I am not a huge fan of their rods, having broke several over the years, but the reels are well worth the money in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1233 View Post
    Don't know if I want to go pro qualifier or abu revo s
    I have the abu revo s. It's hard to beat it that's for sure but I'm big on all abu products so I may be a but biased