They may not be the best manufactured out there, but they are pretty dang good, and their warranty is second to none.

I was a bit miffed when BPS would not exchange out a reel with clearly a defective shaft and main gear. Hey, it was nearly 8 years old, so it was worth it.

But, what happened next was way, way cool. I took the reel to customer service, and they asked me if I wanted to ship it off for repair. I said sure.

A few weeks later, a BRAND NEW reel arrived with a note that the previous one was defective.
YEA BABY......you cannot beat that.

Since this worked, I figured I'd try another reel. This time a bait caster, with a broken levelwind. Clearly, it too was defective, as the worm gear cut a funky path and simply stopped working.

Again, I went to customer service, showed them the problem and they suggested I sent it to service. Again, about 3 weeks later........BRAND NEW REEL.

Say what you want about the Chinese "junk" BPS sells.......if they are willing to stand by the "junk" and replace them when they break due to a failure, I'm completely DOWN with that. These were not chump cheap reels either. Top of the line Johnny Morris Signature Models that are in the 130-160 range.

Later,

Geo