Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cedar and Herrington

I was told that there is a new leak in the dam at Herrington and they our going to lower it 25' and there also going to lower Cedar 10' to do some tree trimming. Anyone else here this?

Post Thanks / Like
    http://water.weather.gov/resources/h...s/dixk2_hg.png

been watching Herrington it's been at summer for a wile, haven't seen it drop at all

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Herrington is right at summer pool. If they were going to start repairs I would say it will be winter like a few years ago when they were assessing the dam for leaks. If I remember then most ramps were out of the water but the fishing was great with the cover exposed.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    If they drop Herrington 25 feet what it's only gonna be like 275 feet deep now. The depth of that lake kills me. Can't stand fishing there. Had my high school KSHAA tourney there and felt like I was in the Grand Canyon lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    I was told that there is a new leak in the dam at Herrington and they our going to lower it 25' and there also going to lower Cedar 10' to do some tree trimming. Anyone else here this?
    I hope they drop Cedar Creek 10 feet so it will get rid of all that d#$% grass

Post Thanks / Like

Herrington Lake

Its my understanding that Kennedy Bridge is supposed to be replaced. Not sure of the schedule. I heard the lake is supposed to be dropped a bunch to allow for the new construction.

http://articles.centralkynews.com/20...-bridge-design

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RngerMac View Post
    Its my understanding that Kennedy Bridge is supposed to be replaced. Not sure of the schedule. I heard the lake is supposed to be dropped a bunch to allow for the new construction.

http://articles.centralkynews.com/20...-bridge-design
    I thought this was already done. That story was 2012 and the road was shut down late last year for a long period of time.....to work on the bridge. As far as Cedar goes, It is very dangerous with all the standing timber. I fish there a lot and have seen those stick-ups way out there and in places where there appear to be none......dangerous. At least cut them off where at normal pool (lake doesn't fluctuate much at all) to where they are not a hazard. Oh and not to mention the large rotten ones that can and do fall from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like

New Kennedy Bridge

If you read the story, they talk about a new bridge design and getting the local input on the design. Also talks about acquiring land to build the new bridge. When the bridge was closed a couple of years ago it was being resurfaced. The new bridge construction requires a new pier to be placed on the Garrad county side which would require the lake to be dropped for the construction of the pier. It was supposed to start this year but has been postponed.

Post Thanks / Like