Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ticket Giveaway Ultimate Outdoor Expo

We are giving away two tickets to The Ultimate Outdoor Expo in Lexington, KY August 22, 23 24.
    See the link at the very top of this page for info. on the Expo. It is at the Kentucky Horse Park.

Here is how you enter:

Make a reply to this post on why you think you should win. It can be anything. Nothing too serious.

Angela that works with me and is not familiar with the members on here will pick a winner in one week. Tuesday August 5th 3:00 pm is the deadline to make your post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Reading this post as the hospital technician wheels me between chemotherapy and radiation treatments, I got really excited. I started thinking about how much my wife would like to go with me, assuming, of course, that she is able to walk by that time. You may remember, Angela, how she was hit by a bus when she dove in front of that child in the baby stroller, knocking it out of the way, and saving the child's life but crushing her spine in 12 places.

I hear the Expo is a really fun event, Angela. It sure would be a nice break from my regular work, defending Central African tribal people (don't call them pygmies, they hate that) from lions.

Can I say what a beautiful name Angela is? It means "angel". But you already knew that, I'm sure. All the Angelas I know are super intelligent, not to mention very discerning, and able to pick out the best from among several possibilities.

Is transportation included in the package? I gave my car to the Little Sisters of the Poor.

Anyway, Angie, assuming I beat this cancer thing, and my wife is able to walk, my tribal friends aren't having any lion issues, and we can find public transportation, we'd love to go to the Outdoor Expo.

Thanks Ang! By the way, those are great shoes!

Post Thanks / Like

wow...

Never been, would love to go and take the family. But "wow" you should just give Jcb a pair of tickets for even coming up with that! Man if you fish as good as you tell stories.....I'll leave it alone, lol. Congrats and well done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Is transportation included in the package? I gave my car to the Little Sisters of the Poor. !
    The Little Sisters are good people. They took care of two of my Uncles at their nursing home in Louisville. While one of them was there Mel Gibson came to town to see him. No kidding. In the context of this thread I will have to say again No kidding. I thought that was great knowing my uncle was know for being humble. Mel gave him his cell number. You should give your car and boat to them.
    Last edited by peter; 07-30-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    The Little Sisters are good people. They took care of two of two of my Uncles at their nursing home in Louisville.
    While one of them was there Mel Gibson came town to see him. No kidding. In the context of this thread I will have to say again No kidding. I thought that was great knowing my uncle was know for being humble. Mel gave him his cell number.

You should give your car and boat to them.
    If I had a boat, I would! Would my wading shoes count?

And on the giveaway - I just felt like killing some time with my "entry" - don't consider it official. Wife will probably have me staining the deck anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Some Tickets To The Big Show

Welll...where to start? There are so many places but I'll just jump in and start sharing. By the way, this is a very nice thing that is being done here on Fishin.com. I never win anything in spite of my persistence and good nature so rather than continue with great expectations, I will submit.

I was born a middle child of 8 way back in one of the deepest, darkest hollers of eastern Kentucky. I grew up hearing the stories of my oldest brother, which I never got to meet, being devoured by a bear what reached through the crack in the slab house we were raised in and snatched Li'L Davy right off'n the dirt floor. Of course, this was way before my birth but I can almost see the incident in my mind as the tales have been so vividly shared down through the years. Some would say I was somewhat lucky to get Li'L Davy's spot on the floor when I came along but I'm not real sure it should be called luck. I am currently blind in my right eye and the doctors suggest that it was caused from sleeping with my right eye open most of my childhood for fear I might become bear gumbo. A guy has to do what he has to do, especially in those dark hills back then.

I grew a bit and was allowed to come along on some hunting trips in them hollers. Daddy would set me on a stump right next to a big pile of hot, steamy, stinky hawg guts and depended on me to "look out fer tha bare...or whuteva might come along twards you". I felt so special back then. And I was the best looker-outer Daddy ever had...he told that a bunch of times. As I was later to become known as the black sheep of the family for reasons unbeknownst to me, these were very special times indeed back then. But this was my earliest recollection of my passion for the outdoorsy life that I enjoy today and one reason why I decided to submit to this offering of a pair of tickets up to the big settlement called Ruppville.

As for a'fishin...I'm big on that now. I found out that as life is a whole lot like a roll of toilet paper...the closer ya get to the end, the faster it goes. Same principle applies when one of them Cumberland stripers grab yer minner what was dunked down there to catch a spec. As your fishin line gets down towards the bottom of the reel, it goes really fast. So being that life is moving along at quite the clip about right now, I decided rather than traipsin up and down the hills and hollers a'huntin, it was much easier to set on a padded seat and swivel my way to meat for the icebox. I figure this is slowin life down a bit. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it don't but I don't get skunked a whole lot. However I would greatly benefit and be ever so thankful for the opportunity to get up to the big settlement once and sit in on some of them educated professionals explainin how I can do better. I hear sometimes they actually hold classes at such events to learn some of us lesser folks how to feed ourselves better. You know that thing they say..."Give a man a fish...".

Now, so's I won't be accused of ramblin, I'll just end up with this. Should it become a difficult decision for Miss Angela (which is my dear late Momma's moniker...I miss her so...such a tender-hearted woman), to choose between opposing entries in this here contest and it gets to be a conundrum, I want someone in charge to know this:

RATHER THAN SPLIT THE TICKETS IN HALF...PLEASE JUST GIVE EM TO THE OTHER GUY.

That's just the kind o goober I am. I felt I should let the judges know that I am a liker of a'huntin and a'fishn and I am a pretty good sport ta boot.

Signed, Yours Truly,

Mr. Solomon K. Marshall
    Bear Waller, Kentucky

Post Thanks / Like

family time

winning these ticket, would make a great afternoon for dad and boys to spend time together...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    If I had a boat, I would! Would my wading shoes count? And on the giveaway - I just felt like killing some time with my "entry" - don't consider it official. Wife will probably have me staining the deck anyway
    Just wanted to clarify. The no kidding reference in my post was put there because I thought no one would believe the part about Mel Gibson. Your entry is logged in official.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was gonna write somethin up about myself bein a juvenile diabetic and all that Sad long story of mine but I believe jcb should get these. He takes the cake and if you ain't a saint I don't think you can beat his story lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to go really really bad.

p.s. angela , did you do something new with your hair? It looks great! It really highlights your.....hey wait a minute! Youve lost weight! I swear you just keep amazing me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Angela I know we're not familiar with each other but if your not a married woman I'd like to take you out to a super fancy dinner at the macdonalds! All the best food 4$ can buy! Obviously theses tickets would mean a lot to me because I don't just take anyone to the macdonalds! Lol NO in all seriousness I believe these tickets should go elsewhere. My work schedule changes weekly so probably couldn't go anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Contest winner

Thanks for playing all. Such smooth talkers here, hard to pick just one. Luckily, we have three sets of tickets.

Official winners:

JCB
    KiK
    clc

PM Peter your address and we'll have the tickets mailed to you.