Search Fishin.com

Thread: Beaver lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Beaver lake?

I want to try somewhere new and have heard good things about beaver lake. I heard it was closed though. Anyone know if it is or not? How is the bass fishing?

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the lake is open but the boat dock is closed.

Have not been fishing there for over a month

Post Thanks / Like
    Last time i was there baitshop closed up and ramp was still open plenty of fellas coming and going off it i was on bank sticking some pigs i know hang in the area hell they been hanging there for nearly 9 years lol (different generation of fish of course)

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright thanks guys! Would anyone mind sharing the features of the lake? Like is there grass, rip rap, deep rocky banks, stumps, lay downs, flats etc. I'm pretty sure it's trolling motor only isn't it? Would like to know what to expect and what bait to have tied on since I can't ride around. Thanks for the help everyone. Going to try and make it out there Friday or Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been a long time since I was there, but I'm sure the structure hasn't changed much. Unless they sprayed it there was quite a bit grass in several areas. The banks offer plenty of varying structure too.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're not dead set on bass, there's a ton of catfish in Beaver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinfreak View Post
    Alright thanks guys! Would anyone mind sharing the features of the lake? Like is there grass, rip rap, deep rocky banks, stumps, lay downs, flats etc. I'm pretty sure it's trolling motor only isn't it? Would like to know what to expect and what bait to have tied on since I can't ride around. Thanks for the help everyone. Going to try and make it out there Friday or Saturday.
    It has all of the above but for the most part the two prevailing kinds of cover are grass and lay downs. When you leave the ramp there is a long fairly steep bank on the left about halfway between the ramp and the dam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    If you're not dead set on bass, there's a ton of catfish in Beaver.
    Mom totally up for catfish but my wife is pretty much bass and crappie only. It's tough for me to get her out there with me so I want to keep her interested. Thanks for all the help everybody! As long as the weather holds up I should he out there Saturday afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mom totally up for catfish but my wife is pretty much bass and crappie only. It's tough for me to get her out there with me so I want to keep her interested. Thanks for all the help everybody! As long as the weather holds up I should he out there Saturday afternoon.
    Never caught any crappie their but i have slammed the cats like ole boy was saying i caught several limits in a week only kept like 1 limit of the biggest ones though but the bite was rocking in the middle of november which was odd and all black and blue bitsy bug jigs with a uncle josh pork frog in feburary tore some monster bass up in the muddy water

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you go today ,and did you do any good, thinking about going in the mourning. I have not been there for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    Did you go today ,and did you do any good, thinking about going in the mourning. I have not been there for awhile.
    Sorry wormin I didn't go. Too much rain for me to venture to new water.