Search Fishin.com

Thread: Ebola virus

Post Thanks / Like

Ebola virus

http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines...-needs-to-know
    Is this starting to really concern anyone? I remember my teacher back in highschool lecturing us about nasty diseases and Ebola was one of them. I remember him talking about how bad a mutated strain could be... of course no one cared at the time. Can't lie it's got my attention now

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea it concerns me but I am a germaphobe by nature! I don't like flying because of all the germs flying around in there from sick folks....and now this!!!
    I won't be flying anytime soon anyway but I would be very concerned now! This is a badass sickness and yeah it could be a serious threat to all of us if they don't contain it.

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as you blindly trust your government, it's all good. lol

Seriously though, there is a metric crap-ton of bad information on the internet fear-mongering on this deal. I think bringing the two infected patients to Atlanta was a mistake. I think making it known that they were bringing the two infected patients to Atlanta was a bigger mistake. The conspiracy theories and media drama is out of control on this.

I do know that Ebola can be contained by medical professionals in the right environment...IF...nobody screws up. My problem is that the CDC is the same organization not long ago that mistakenly shipped Anthrax, found some live small pox cultures in a supply closet somewhere, and closed some labs for a bit because of procedure breeches. Mistakes can, and often do, happen whenever humans are involved. It seems to me that taking the water to the fire instead of bringing the fire to your living room would have been a smarter choice for fighting it, but I'm no expert on just how crappy East Africa is. If it were my kid, my wife, or my loved one over there with it...I'd probably want them back on American soil under the shadow of Old Glory too. I would think as a volunteer doctor headed over there, knowing the risks, that I wouldn't want to risk bringing it back to the United States unless I was dang sure that Emory in Atlanta could contain it.

I don't know. A lot of variables here.

It's probably how the Zombie Apocalypse starts though, so I'll be in the basement prepping if you need me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    As long as you blindly trust your government, it's all good. lol

It's probably how the Zombie Apocalypse starts though, so I'll be in the basement prepping if you need me.
    Made me smile. Always enjoy your takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    Probably the best post I've read all day!!

Post Thanks / Like

zombies are real....

missus stripernut and i went to senoia georgia to see/tour the set of "the walking dead"....turns out she was right...zombies are real! i saw them with my own eyes.

my prepping is complete...
    freezer full of fish= check
    enough beers(like theres such a thing as "enough beers")= check
    fishin.com tshirt= check and check

yup that should get me through the first day