Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Best line for night fishing.

Been doing some bass fishing at night using Stren blue/white flouracarbon. Have noticed that the line shows up good under the lights used for fishing at night BUT line seems more stiff than other f/c lines. Have also had some line breakage problems that I did not have with Seagur/invizx. Anyone else been using this line have any problems?

Post Thanks / Like
    we tried the Stren Fluorocarbon in Fluorescent we did not like it either, I think that Stren is the only line that has Fluorocarbon in Fluorescent, I use 17lb Trilene XL Clear/Blue Fluorescent, have used it for 20+ yrs have had good luck with it.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos185 View Post
    Been doing some bass fishing at night using Stren blue/white flouracarbon. Have noticed that the line shows up good under the lights used for fishing at night BUT line seems more stiff than other f/c lines. Have also had some line breakage problems that I did not have with Seagur/invizx. Anyone else been using this line have any problems?
    It is definitely stiffer, but it is the only flourescent flourocarbon........I think

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with using Trilene clear/blue fluorescent line. I'm just wondering if there's much advantage in using fluorescent fluorocarbon line vs. regular fluorescent mono line after it gets dark?

Post Thanks / Like

Pline CXX

In flame green is what I use. No problem seeing it in the blacklight whatsoever. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    P-line CXX Hi-Viz fluoroscent

Post Thanks / Like
    bass pro blue flourescent mono line is pretty decent. Under blacklights, it looks like rope.

Post Thanks / Like
    for bass I have always used Stren Original in florescent and have never had an issue. I use Berkley Big Game for my catfish setups (Its cheaper). It glows like a light saber in the black light but 15lb is the smallest ive ever seen. Ive been tempted to spool my flipping reel with it and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with jmatt1717. I've been using Stren Original florescent for years. I works well for me. As with any line, once in a while you'll get a bad spool. Just my thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing to remember with regards to lines. If you're talking about deeper lakes like Dale Hollow, where you're jigging in 40 or 50 ft, you REALLY want a superline. Fireline or some other low stretch line is pretty important.

Mono has a crazy amount of stretch. Take 50 ft of mono off your spool and then stretch it until you feel the "tension"....for every 10 ft of mono you can get about 10 inches of stretch if you are fishing in 50 ft of water, you might have out 70-80ft of water. That is a whole LOT of stretch when trying to set the hook.

Fireline or Floro...........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos185 View Post
    90% of my fishing is at night and this is my line of choice. If you are fishing a worm, jig, or other finesse technique you should be using f/c line because it is stiff. Just make sure you wet you line when you tie and also you should be re-tying often. F/C will get nicks in the line and it will snap on you. I've had great luck with the 12lb & 17lb version of this line. Lots of quality fish in the boat. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the same line i use all the time in the daylight. And I don't use any lights. I catch fish just fine