Search Fishin.com

Thread: Help on Green

Post Thanks / Like

Help on Green

I'll be fishing Green in early September. I'm typically in a tree stand instead of on the water during this time of the year. Could anyone tell me what the bite is usually like, on Green, around that time? I've only fished it 4 or 5 times, and have caught a couple nice ones, but I can never seem to find the numbers. Any help would be great!

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't waste time fishing areas that don't have any signs of baitfish. If there's no shad around you probably won't put many fish in the boat in September or October. The muskie bite can get hot using just about anything a bass will bite, spinnerbaits seem to work especially well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    I wouldn't waste time fishing areas that don't have any signs of baitfish. If there's no shad around you probably won't put many fish in the boat in September or October. The muskie bite can get hot using just about anything a bass will bite, spinnerbaits seem to work especially well.
    When your Muskie fishing are you throwing at shoreline structure on the main lake or are you in the back of creeks or what? I'm planning on going the first weekend of October so hopefully I can hang into one. Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    When your Muskie fishing are you throwing at shoreline structure on the main lake or are you in the back of creeks or what? I'm planning on going the first weekend of October so hopefully I can hang into one. Thanks in advance
    We have fished several Classic Tourneys out of Green in the Fall and our best luck catching Muskie (fishing for bass) was using red rattle traps on the flats and in the small cuts around Holmes Bend. Maybe it was a fluke but we caught some good sized Muskie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    We have fished several Classic Tourneys out of Green in the Fall and our best luck catching Muskie (fishing for bass) was using red rattle traps on the flats and in the small cuts around Holmes Bend. Maybe it was a fluke but we caught some good sized Muskie.
    We don't spend a lot of time on that end of the lake and we never fish for muskie intentionally, my hubby calls them blankety blank devil fish. We've caught bukus of muskie in Stone Quarry and Little Wilson Creeks from late September through October when the shad schools get really thick. Most anything that is LM bass lure size or larger and makes a lot of noise, is flashy or disturbs the water very much would catch them. Another good option in the fall is Kentucky's or spots as some would say. They seem to pattern similar to a largemouth only a bit earlier and not very much in shallower waters. Seasonal LM lures in a smallie size has worked good for us, larger lures not so well. You almost have to intentionally fish for them to have very much luck. As always there are exceptions I'm sure.