Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabela

Post Thanks / Like

Cabela

Cabela's thinking about coming to Lexington, going to build out by Costco

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by floatman View Post
    Cabela's thinking about coming to Lexington, going to build out by Costco
    Even with another Cabelas only 80 miles away?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

There's one opening in bowling green in September. CANT WAIT!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    Even with another Cabelas only 80 miles away?
    From what I have heard from other forums and online sources, Cabela's is changing their marketing style a little bit. They are getting away from the huge stores scattered about, like Bass Pro Shops. They are starting to build many smaller stores much closer together, almost like Gander Mountain or ****'s Sporting Goods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cabela's at Bowling Green is about half the square footage as the one in Louisville.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally think there overpriced and would rather drive further and go to bps

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    From what I have heard from other forums and online sources, Cabela's is changing their marketing style a little bit. They are getting away from the huge stores scattered about, like Bass Pro Shops. They are starting to build many smaller stores much closer together, almost like Gander Mountain or ****'s Sporting Goods.

Ah, that makes sense. I like Cabelas but feel they are a little overpriced. I still like to shop with the local guys at backwater's

Post Thanks / Like
    A little jewel some of you may not be aware of; Sportsmens Warehouse in Lex.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/?...-9LxoC-kPw_wcB

Post Thanks / Like

Cabela pricing

Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    Ah, that makes sense. I like Cabelas but feel they are a little overpriced. I still like to shop with the local guys at backwater's
    Thants an understatement.7.95 for power worms! All of the big chains are charging us alot for the huge stores with their lakes and ponds in them.Don't take me wrong those stores are nicebut everything comes with a price.I find myself avoiding them every chance I get. I too prefer local stores and shop online the rest of the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy from them because they are minutes from my house but they are vastly over priced. Why you ask, well here is what I was told by someone in the know about them. They do a market demographic study of where they plan to locate. What they do is price items to what the average 30 to 40 mile radius average home income will support.
    Now they put this Louisville store in the east end of Jefferson county near the Summitt now known as the Paddock, Uh la la and bingo.............they sell at the higher price. I don't like it but its smart and that is why they make money.

If I'm looking for those last minute trip items and don't need much I'm all over it. But if I'm really stock shopping stuff I need to replenish I'm driving across the bridge to Hooterville @ BPS.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Backwaters will be fine. As always because they have great guys working there and can get you anything you need if you ask. Cabelas caters to the hunter more than anything else. Sportsman Warehouse will take the brunt I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus21 View Post
    Cabela's at Bowling Green is about half the square footage as the one in Louisville.
    It's less than half, Bowling Green's store is 42,000 sq. ft. compared to 88,000 sq. ft. at their Louisville market location. Lexington's store is planned to be 72,000 sq. ft. built in the Hamburg area on Polo Club Blvd beside of Costco. UCPC has approved a zoning change for Cabelas. The UCC zoning change approval is pending. Construction is tentatively planned to begin next spring. Cabelas is planning to open an additional 19 stores over the next two years.