Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabela

Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm not shopping at bass pro you may find me at wal-mart! They have a good amount of zoom products for good prices. When it comes to online I won't shop anywhere other than bps or Tackle Wearhouse! They have every product under the sun!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, I think Sportsmen's Warehouse will take the brunt of the Cabela's store. I still and always will prefer BACKWATERS! Yes, they are great guys owning and operating BACKWATERS, but there's so many more reasons to shop there. First, John and Brad are out on the water competing in tournaments just like the rest of us. In fact, what money they don't get from me in the store, they usually get from me at the weigh-ins. They know what's going on out there on our lakes. Their store is stocked by local fishing experience, not by an accountant in Nebraska. Second, Shimano pricing is all the same no matter where you buy it; so why not buy local. Third, and here's the HUGE difference! Every time I've walked into the Cabela's store in Dundee, Michigan, I'm greeted by someone asking me to sign up for a Cabela's credit card. EVERY TIME I WALK IN TO BACKWATERS, I'M GREETED BY SOMEONE THAT SAYS, HELLO CHRIS! That's huge in my book. Now, if I could just convince John and Brad to put in a saltwater section on the new side of the store. Backwaters on one side and Hightides on the other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    It's less than half, Bowling Green's store is 42,000 sq. ft. compared to 88,000 sq. ft. at their Louisville market location. Lexington's store is planned to be 72,000 sq. ft. built in the Hamburg area on Polo Club Blvd beside of Costco. UCPC has approved a zoning change for Cabelas. The UCC zoning change approval is pending. Construction is tentatively planned to begin next spring. Cabelas is planning to open an additional 19 stores over the next two years.
    WOW! I don't see how Sportsmans and Cabelas can co-exist in Lexington.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 12VoltMan View Post
    I agree, I think Sportsmen's Warehouse will take the brunt of the Cabela's store. I still and always will prefer BACKWATERS! Yes, they are great guys owning and operating BACKWATERS, but there's so many more reasons to shop there. First, John and Brad are out on the water competing in tournaments just like the rest of us. In fact, what money they don't get from me in the store, they usually get from me at the weigh-ins. They know what's going on out there on our lakes. Their store is stocked by local fishing experience, not by an accountant in Nebraska. Second, Shimano pricing is all the same no matter where you buy it; so why not buy local. Third, and here's the HUGE difference! Every time I've walked into the Cabela's store in Dundee, Michigan, I'm greeted by someone asking me to sign up for a Cabela's credit card. EVERY TIME I WALK IN TO BACKWATERS, I'M GREETED BY SOMEONE THAT SAYS, HELLO CHRIS! That's huge in my book. Now, if I could just convince John and Brad to put in a saltwater section on the new side of the store. Backwaters on one side and Hightides on the other.
    Amen on Backwaters!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Since Cabela's came to Louisville I have all but stopped shopping at Bass Pro. I used to be a Preferred Rewards member at Bass Pro. Cabela's is usually cheaper than Bass Pro, has higher quality gear, and a much larger selection of everything. With the Ship To Store for free you can order anything from the Cabela's catalog and pick it up in a couple of days.

A store half the size in Louisville is going to be a small store. Even Louisville has limited selection on a lot of things. I prefer the Dundee Michigan store, 200,000+ sq feet as you can see most of their items.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyLie View Post
    A little jewel some of you may not be aware of; Sportsmens Warehouse in Lex.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/?...-9LxoC-kPw_wcB
    Go to Backwaters instead!