Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Any hints for Lake Cumberland for this weekend?

I was just wandering if anyone has a fishing report for Lake Cumberland, I know there will be a lot of boat traffic, but hoping to get out early and get back in early. What is the best color for baits for this time of year?

Thanks in advance,
    Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so disappointed with the fishermen around the LC area. How man times I have seen people asking for help with fishing LC, and once again you have failed to offer a fellow fisherman help. The guy is not asking for youre spots, just a pattern will do. Don't be so selfish.

Post Thanks / Like

You dang sure don't want a report from me.

We fished from 9:00 to 12:00 pm lastnight from Waitsboro to Conley Bottoms & never caught a fish. Worst trip of the year for me.Took a buddy from Indy to show him what Cumberland Smallmouth were all about too, lol Usually throwing jigs, baby brush hogs & tubes or a big black/blue or black/red colorado blade spinnerbait with a zoom swimmin chunk with the tails dipped in chartreuse. Usually all you need. Lost of folks are shakyheading plastics. ERither baby brushhogs or finesse worms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistle Pig View Post
    I am so disappointed with the fishermen around the LC area. How man times I have seen people asking for help with fishing LC, and once again you have failed to offer a fellow fisherman help. The guy is not asking for youre spots, just a pattern will do. Don't be so selfish.
    Take a deep breath. Not many guys that post here seem to fish Cumberland for bass. Most on the board do the striper thing and most of those are from out-of-town. Note the OP lives in Monticello. Also it seems that many in the past have come here asking about fishing a particular lake, get several "tips", then do not even have the common courtesy to give a report back on the very trip they were given tips. That seems to make many reluctant to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishincreek View Post
    Take a deep breath. Not many guys that post here seem to fish Cumberland for bass. Most on the board do the striper thing and most of those are from out-of-town. Note the OP lives in Monticello. Also it seems that many in the past have come here asking about fishing a particular lake, get several "tips", then do not even have the common courtesy to give a report back on the very trip they were given tips. That seems to make many reluctant to help.
    That pretty much hits the nail on the head, and is why i dont post on here much anymore. Theres a few guys that i converse with, but it gets irritating having a lot of people pm you asking for help only to never hear from them again but ill generally still help with a basic pattern. I dont fish cumberland much, but like Les said night fishing is generally the way to go this time of year in the south anywhere aside from the ledge lakes. Find a 45 degree bank and experiment with baits and let the fish tell ya what they want. May find some topwater action at the crack of dawn and right before dark

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know of you already read the forum from probably 2 weeks back but if you get on google maps you can see all the brush on the banks from before when they brought the lake back up! I'd try that. Never really seriously fish Cumberland for bass. But good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    In my defense, when I was a more avid fisherman, I did respond to others when asking for help, I have just not fished much in the past 10 years or so, and many times, I plan on fishing, but just do not make it to the lake. When I do go, I usually do not catch much if any. Most of the times I do make it, I am with my wife and step daughter who enjoy fishing as well. I apologize for not giving reports back when I do get on the water, but generally they are a "no fish" day.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by fishincreek View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyroberts View Post
    In my defense, when I was a more avid fisherman, I did respond to others when asking for help, I have just not fished much in the past 10 years or so, and many times, I plan on fishing, but just do not make it to the lake. When I do go, I usually do not catch much if any. Most of the times I do make it, I am with my wife and step daughter who enjoy fishing as well. I apologize for not giving reports back when I do get on the water, but generally they are a "no fish" day.

Tony
    I dont think he was talking about you directly, it just happens with a lot of people on this site. Good luck on your trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Im sorry guys, I guess I just lost my cool. I have no doubts that the locals on LC are for the most part good people. I was just so disappointed that no one had offered him help. His post had gone 22 hours without a reply. I go to LC about twice a year, and I have the same problem getting a good report on the fishing. Sorry again, Ill try to be more polite in the future. I check this site every day for a month before I plan to fish.