Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just back from the Boundary Waters

While the fishing was not as good as it has been in the past, the trip was pretty fun.

GREAT guys...........and a GREAT time....I've posted pics on my facebook page, and here is a video I put together.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic video as usual! I think I have watched all of your videos at one time or another on your website. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inrll View Post
    Fantastic video as usual! I think I have watched all of your videos at one time or another on your website. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks.

It truly is one of my favorite places in the world........

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent job as usual George, I have to make that trip with you guys some time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Excellent job as usual George, I have to make that trip with you guys some time!
    Yes, you do............

Next year I will miss the Spring trip for the first time in 20 years. ,

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

just got back myself

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    While the fishing was not as good as it has been in the past, the trip was pretty fun.

GREAT guys...........and a GREAT time....I've posted pics on my facebook page, and here is a video I put together.

Later,

Geo
    our fishing was fantastic as always! I caught a 6.25 lb smallie below Curtain Falls

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyberetired View Post
    our fishing was fantastic as always! I caught a 6.25 lb smallie below Curtain Falls
    AWESOME. I've only heard of a couple over 6 caught up there. Scaled up, or did you use the formula?

I've never fished below Curtain.........I've only been to Crooked one time. Hopefully, I will fish it next year or the year after.

I have so many trips planned coming up, I might need to start doing 3 trips a year .

I'm wanting to go back to Crooked. I want to do a fall trip to Quetico Lake and Jean/Little Jean. I want to do a spring and fall trip to Robinson Lake.

I wanna, I wanna I wanna.............

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. A few of us young guys want to make a trip up next year! Where would y'all say the best place would be to go? It's hard to find stuff online.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

My son & I went every August til he discovered the opposite sex. We entered thru the Gunflint Trail on the east side using an outfitter only had to bring clothes & fishing stuff. Met Bobby Knight & Jerry McGinnis one year there. Fished for smallies & walleyes on 12' spinning rods using crawlers & leaches, what a fight. Miss the fun we had and the skeeters.
    Glad you had a great time, great video.

Post Thanks / Like
    God's Country

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Man" View Post
    Ok. A few of us young guys want to make a trip up next year! Where would y'all say the best place would be to go? It's hard to find stuff online.
    Depends on where you want go, how much you want to spend, and how HARD of a trip you want to do.

I always push harder to get into the interior a little more. This past trip was only 2 portages in and it showed. Lots of people, and slow fishing.

If you're in good shape, have some decent lighter gear and can take punishing yourself the first and last days getting in and out, I'd do a trip to Crooked or Iron in the Boundary Waters. If you're really up to the challenge, I'd skip the BWCA all together and do a trip into Quetico. If you do a Quetico Trip, there are things you need, and it costs more.

Quetico requires.......

* Fishing License
    * Daily camping permits for each person 22.00 /night ( adds up quick).
    * RABC ( Remote Area Border Crossing) Permit
    * PassPort
    * Clean Record......meaning NO ISSUES. They consider a DUI a Felony and you will never get in.

If doing a Quetico Trip, I'd push to Crooked and Fish Canadian Water, or I'd go up the Falls Chain or Base Camp on Saganagons.

Lots and Lots of options, but start planning EARLY. If you want to go in May next year for instance, I'd start seriously getting you group together in December, take Deposits late December, and then secure permits in January. They go FAST and you can get them 6 months in advance.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronsm View Post
    My son & I went every August til he discovered the opposite sex. We entered thru the Gunflint Trail on the east side using an outfitter only had to bring clothes & fishing stuff. Met Bobby Knight & Jerry McGinnis one year there. Fished for smallies & walleyes on 12' spinning rods using crawlers & leaches, what a fight. Miss the fun we had and the skeeters.
    Glad you had a great time, great video.
    I have a buddy that has Guided Coach Knight up there a few times.........he told me the next time he has an opportunity to guide him, he'd let me know and "maybe" I can be part of the "guide" crew......I told him I'd drop everything and do that. DO that in a HEARTBEAT.

Later,

Geo