Search Fishin.com

Thread: CARDS

Post Thanks / Like

CARDS

Nice win for the CARDS!!!!! Started a little slow but the Defense looked better than the Offense. I will take it a good win.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    Nice win for the CARDS!!!!! Started a little slow but the Defense looked better than the Offense. I will take it a good win.....
    Good win, yes...I thought your QB looked pretty decent...and your defense looked pretty dang good. The crowd looked into it and looked like they were having fun. My CATS looked decent, but UT-Martin isn't quite the bell-weather opponent that the University of Miami is. Our next opponent won't tell us much either (Ohio-U), but I suspect we'll have a better idea of exactly what we're working with after Florida in the Swamp and conference play begins. LOVE college football time...

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_20140901_195950.jpg

I've been to almost every game ever played in PJCS and that was one of the most electrifying atmosphere's ever. That is the best performance by a U of L defense I have seen in my life. Speed, speed, speed. Everybody flying to the ball and some of the hardest hitting ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    The quarterback made some really good plays but fumbled twice. But mistakes were expected being his first start under center. Overall offense was pretty slow but hey it's the season opener. the defense was absolutely awesome. The D-line bullied Miami the entire game and completley stuffed the run game. I was really impressed with the defense. Good luck in the ACC! Hopefully my cats can pick up a win or two in conference play.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody know where I can get tickets to the cotton bowl? From what I hear on the call-ins UK is a lock.

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of things to keep in mind about the offense. The offensive line is still a work in progress. Also, two of the biggest offensive weapons did not play. Davante Parker (perhaps the best wide receiver in college football) is out 6-8 weeks and Michael Dyer (running back and the MVP of the BCS National Championship game) was banged up and did not play. Other than the two fumbles, I thought Will played a solid game at quarterback and he looks to have a bright future. As far as the O goes, right now my only concern is shoring up the offensive line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    A couple of things to keep in mind about the offense. The offensive line is still a work in progress. Also, two of the biggest offensive weapons did not play. Davante Parker (perhaps the best wide receiver in college football) is out 6-8 weeks and Michael Dyer (running back and the MVP of the BCS National Championship game) was banged up and did not play. Other than the two fumbles, I thought Will played a solid game at quarterback and he looks to have a bright future. As far as the O goes, right now my only concern is shoring up the offensive line.
    Oh yea! I forgot Parker is out. I thought Michael dyer only had that one year of eligibility left. Sorry don't keep up with the cards much. Cracked the top 25 so that's impressive. Without any future injuries uofl could have another big season. My parents are season ticket holders and love uofl football. My brother and I however are the uk fans. Talk about a house divided lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    Oh yea! I forgot Parker is out. I thought Michael dyer only had that one year of eligibility left. Sorry don't keep up with the cards much. Cracked the top 25 so that's impressive. Without any future injuries uofl could have another big season. My parents are season ticket holders and love uofl football. My brother and I however are the uk fans. Talk about a house divided lol
    I'm sure your parents tried to raise you right, but you and your brother did not listen lol. That was meant as a joke.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    I'm sure your parents tried to raise you right, but you and your brother did not listen lol. That was meant as a joke.
    Haha yea they tried that's for sure. Lucky I had my grandad on my side! Looking forward to this years uk and uofl game. I like how they changed the schedule so it's the end of the season now. I believe it will mean a lot more to the teams and their chances of getting to a bowl game. Uk still has a ways to go before they'll get there though. But hell a guy can hope right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    Thanksgiving should be an interesting day at your house, since the game is now played on that Saturday following the holiday! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    After last night's game I am curious, do the Cards have a quarterback controversy brewing? Reggie Bonnafon is a nice duel threat quarterback who played exceptionally well in his debut last night. He threw a good ball, passed for a TD and ran for two more. The future looks bright for this young man, but I am tempering my enthusiasm because it was Murray St.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think both are ligit.