Search Fishin.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider View Post
    Fish were a little scattered but managed a few fish sandwiches. 40-80 feet. More active fish were actually the deep ones.
    That is about what I experienced last Saturday am. We got a 33" at 65' and a 27 at 45' in about 80' of water. Sunday was a zero. Interesting..when I got back home a friend informed me about the latest O2 readings. From 45' to 70' the O2 was not good for stripers. 45 and 65 was maybe tolerable but in between that it was real low.
    Last edited by peter; 09-23-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost stayed home this morning due to the cold front and wind. We managed two before the wind drove us off the lake, this one and another one about an inch shorter. Didn't see many fish on the graph. We went through two schools and caught one out of each. 30-35' with shiners on planer boards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1004141036d.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	9162  

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by awfol View Post
    Almost stayed home this morning due to the cold front and wind. We managed two before the wind drove us off the lake, this one and another one about an inch shorter. Didn't see many fish on the graph. We went through two schools and caught one out of each. 30-35' with shiners on planer boards.
    Fished Wednesday and caught two in Lilly Creek about 35-40' with shiners on planer boards. Saw several boats pulling umbrella rigs. Did not mark many fish; however, caught several short fish. Did not see any jumps all week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Fished Wednesday and caught two in Lilly Creek about 35-40' with shiners on planer boards. Saw several boats pulling umbrella rigs. Did not mark many fish; however, caught several short fish. Did not see any jumps all week.
    Were you in the Mouth, first thirt 1/3, second 1/3 or how far up Lilly were you?
    ...if you don't mind divulging.

I caught a couple on the south side of the lake near Indian.
    One, believe it or not, was on a free line board right on the bank. I was kind of surprised but that may be a indication of how little I know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Were you in the Mouth, first thirt 1/3, second 1/3 or how far up Lilly were you?
    ...if you don't mind divulging.

I caught a couple on the south side of the lake near Indian.
    One, believe it or not, was on a free line board right on the bank. I was kind of surprised but that may be a indication of how little I know.
    I was at the first 1/3 of Lilly between the first point and the island/hump (near the launch ramp)--the straight area before you get to the island. I did not mark any fish or have any luck near the island.

I did not see anybody fishing the main lake. I saw several guides bottom fishing between Wolf Creek Marina and Alligator 2 Marina in Wolf Creek. I have been riding around late afternoon/evening to see any jumps...but did not see anything. Not seeing any big schools, just small pockets of fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I see guides bottom fishing that makes me think the fishing is tough.