Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Farmer View Post
    Celebrating the naming of the lake in honor of friend and fellow F&W employee Kinman was a story that had to be told. Telling folks about a newly opened body of water, is not a secret for the few. Hopefully folks will fish responsibly.
    Tim we understand why you and the department did what you did and we appreciate it very much. Unfortunately MANY will not treat the lake as it should be. If you can try and get some CO's out there before it's too late. They are catching limits of Crappie going home coming back same day and repeating. There are guys standing up there bragging about it. The Bass are leaving there in numbers, it's like **** people are starving or something maybe they are but I doubt it.

Simply put we, me appreciate you and the KDFW but if that little lake isn't enforced and enforced soon you can forget about that lake. I'm glad you caught that nice Bass but Michael is right many saw that and it became the talk of the town and well there you go. It's not your fault we get that but it did bring the masses. I wish you would have got skunked that day and then caught the beast off camera....

Post Thanks / Like
    I live 6 miles from the lake and have not been because of all the people. Guys conservation of the fish is up to all of us, so if you see someone keeping the bass write down the "KY" number on the boat and call the fish and wildlife and report them. It might not help that fish but maybe those idiots that ignore the law will start thinking twice if they think they might get caught. This is a real problem in this area for the river too. Some people don't think the law applies to them and I very rarely see a conservation officer on the river or anywhere around here. People shoot guns right off the locks in Lockport into the river even if you are in a boat out there fishing like they have no fear of being caught or killing someone. The law just don't come down here very often. Please report the people you see keeping the bass, its the only chance we have to keep a good small lake healthy around here. It is a shame that people are like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice post Kyriverblues...................

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been there a few times and DID get checked by a CO one morning. I don't know if it was part of a daily patrol or not.

I had a CO at Salato Wldlife Center tell me that fish poaching was a well known problem at Benjy K so its something they know about and hopefully are working on a solution. I just don't know what that solution would be.

In the end there is only so much they can do. This isn't the only lake that this is happening and there just aren't enough officers to have one at every body of water with any regularity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Farmer View Post
    Celebrating the naming of the lake in honor of friend and fellow F&W employee Kinman was a story that had to be told. Telling folks about a newly opened body of water, is not a secret for the few. Hopefully folks will fish responsibly.
    And you are great at your job. I've been a fan of the show and yours since you started there. I'm not sure, but I think it was in the mid '90s. Maybe longer.

I appreciated the story on Benjy as well. On a body of water that small, though, showing the catch of a bass that large on TV was bound to bring the masses in to fish it. If that had happened on Cumberland or KY Lake, it would have been great to show it. On that little lake, though, perhaps hindsight would say that particular footage should have hit the cutting room floor, metaphorically speaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep your mouth shut!!

I guess I owe everybody an apology, I tried to do something helpful that turned out like sh#*. I've been back to Kinman several times since I posted my thread and you're right, there are a lot of people keeping their fish and just acting like jerks. I'm a senior and it used to not be like that, when you helped another fisherman get in on a good thing. I guess the same bunch of inconsiderate of boaters at the lakes have now made it to about fishable waters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gofishdave View Post
    I guess I owe everybody an apology, I tried to do something helpful that turned out like sh#*. I've been back to Kinman several times since I posted my thread and you're right, there are a lot of people keeping their fish and just acting like jerks. I'm a senior and it used to not be like that, when you helped another fisherman get in on a good thing. I guess the same bunch of inconsiderate of boaters at the lakes have now made it to about fishable waters.
    Social media is a nice and fun tool but certainly is a bitter sweet thing sometimes. Word of mouth and trying with good intent can and will do just what you said. Many of the old timers on this site have become way more tight lipped about things and I have to admit I am one of them. There are GREAT people on this site but there are HUNDREDS of lurkers that do nothing but use this site for information and then go pillage an area.

Take care
    Likes Tyme2fish, jmike, CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Stupid People Who Fish

I went out to the lake 2 weeks ago and was casting the banks. 2 guys were pulling there boat out and I ask if they had much luck.
    The one who had the most teeth said, "Buddy we slammed these fish"! I replied, "Got ya few nice ones I guess"?
    The other fella who had maybe 5 teeth in his head and the most profane mouth I had ever heard, flipped up the cooler and showed me 8 or 9 bass and all over five pounds. Add insult to injury he showed be a stringer of bass that seemed to equal what was in the cooler. They had been fishing since late evening and through the night, we were having this conversation at about 1130am.
    I said, "If everyone keeps fish like you two guys this place will be fished out in no time. Toothless said, "That's when ya just go find another spot to fish".
    I insulted what education they both had and they wanted to get Redneck and fight. Another fisherman heard the exchange and stood by me.
    They backed down, secured their Jon boat and pulled off in that red Ford truck, should have gotten the plate # and called the poacher hotline.
    After I got home, I did call and talked to C.O. Denny and he encouraged me to use digression when standing alone.
    Keep eyes out and report people who rape our prime fishing spots.
    Likes kyriverblues liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 90Gunner View Post
    I went out to the lake 2 weeks ago and was casting the banks. 2 guys were pulling there boat out and I ask if they had much luck.
    The one who had the most teeth said, "Buddy we slammed these fish"! I replied, "Got ya few nice ones I guess"?
    The other fella who had maybe 5 teeth in his head and the most profane mouth I had ever heard, flipped up the cooler and showed me 8 or 9 bass and all over five pounds. Add insult to injury he showed be a stringer of bass that seemed to equal what was in the cooler. They had been fishing since late evening and through the night, we were having this conversation at about 1130am.
    I said, "If everyone keeps fish like you two guys this place will be fished out in no time. Toothless said, "That's when ya just go find another spot to fish".
    I insulted what education they both had and they wanted to get Redneck and fight. Another fisherman heard the exchange and stood by me.
    They backed down, secured their Jon boat and pulled off in that red Ford truck, should have gotten the plate # and called the poacher hotline.
    After I got home, I did call and talked to C.O. Denny and he encouraged me to use digression when standing alone.
    Keep eyes out and report people who rape our prime fishing spots.
    You did good confronting them but they will do it again. The lake is being pillaged at an alarming rate and what you saw I'm afraid is almost becoming the norm. I understand the KDFW can't camp out up there but they need to go right some tickets and fast and it shouldn't be that hard. There are tons of ''WHAT'' you described going up there and doing this.

So sad and to think of what could be if everyone obeyed the lakes law of

ALL BASS ARE CATCH AND RELEASE/ Dumb ******** probably can't read.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, Tim Farmer is an awesome guy. I cant believe you all would say stuff like that. That is a public lake now so get over it!

Post Thanks / Like

BALANCE

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    You did good confronting them but they will do it again. The lake is being pillaged at an alarming rate and what you saw I'm afraid is almost becoming the norm. I understand the KDFW can't camp out up there but they need to go right some tickets and fast and it shouldn't be that hard. There are tons of ''WHAT'' you described going up there and doing this.

So sad and to think of what could be if everyone obeyed the lakes law of

ALL BASS ARE CATCH AND RELEASE/ Dumb ******** probably can't read.
    Jerry Hammonds was a C.O., he was related to me and when he was on top of his game, he said to me once, "Harvest 30 bluegill, then take a bass, take 300 bluegill, then take a catfish".
    He continued, "Take your bluegill as they really feed the family, bass are treats, harvest Crappie just like Bluegill, spare your cats they help clean up the pond as do turtles".
    That was told to me when I was fishing in his pond one day about 40 years ago.
    I am 54 and what Jerry told me are words I share with anyone who will listen.
    I don't know how true the words are, they just sound right.
    I have seen good places fished out in my life and I have one place I fish that I don't even take my kids too.
    Sad that so many people will read this and laugh at this post and others who have posted concerning the rape that goes on at B.K.L
    That man who built it, had a love for the land or he would not have taken the time to build it.
    I wonder if he has regrets about letting the honey hole go?
    It is the responsibility of all the true ANGLERS who appreciate what has been turned over for people to enjoy.
    Call authorities, use 911 and program in the poacher alert hotline and spread the word to other true Sportsman, turn over info to keep thieves off our waterways and woodlands.
    Good stewards do the right thing and help manage what we have been given.
    Take your cell phones and take pictures of the thieves and their vehicles.
    Thank the landowner...
    Likes mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luveatnbass View Post
    Man, Tim Farmer is an awesome guy. I cant believe you all would say stuff like that. That is a public lake now so get over it!
    Dude what are you even talking about nobody on this thread said one bad word about Tim. And yes it's a public lake WITH RULES!!!!