Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Benji kinman lake

Went to the new Kinman lake today. FYI- you get to it from Oldham county by taking hwy 22, thru Eminence, to hwy. 389. It's out 389 a couple miles on the right, but it's not marked.It's back a little gravel road about 1/4 mile further back 389 after you past a small WMA lake on the left. If you come to a store on the left you've gone a little too far. What a beauty!! It's pretty deep and it's full of trees and wood. Completely undeveloped, with a shovel full of rocks they use far a ramp, and where you park is all dirt (I'd really think about it ,if it's rained). It's all catch and release, which is good because the fish are in great shape and it's big enough,15acres?, to produce some monsters.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the lake is over 100 acres! But yea it's a super nice lake. Lots of big bass boats tho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Man" View Post
    I think the lake is over 100 acres! But yea it's a super nice lake. Lots of big bass boats tho.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Post Thanks / Like
    Be berry berry quiet................Why do we have to announce everything anymore, LOL...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Be berry berry quiet................Why do we have to announce everything anymore, LOL...
    I'm really interested to learn what's in it... I assume the state is doing those studies. We know LMB, I assume catfish, bluegill.

I'd love to know what the crappie population looks like...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbk View Post
    I'm really interested to learn what's in it... I assume the state is doing those studies. We know LMB, I assume catfish, bluegill.

I'd love to know what the crappie population looks like...
    I'd think it's be good with the timber

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

This lake is no secret. It is getting HAMMERED right now day and night around the clock. Went on a week day and grass parking lot was full! It says catch and release only but you see people keeping the fish. wont be long before its the dead sea!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WwiskerswW View Post
    This lake is no secret. It is getting HAMMERED right now day and night around the clock. Went on a week day and grass parking lot was full! It says catch and release only but you see people keeping the fish. wont be long before its the dead sea!
    Bingo ladies and gentlemen we have a winner. This lake will be fished out in less than three years I would bet my life's saving on it. It is being hit so hard it's actually laughable, heck I've already quit going and it only opened to the public in August. The Bass are suppose to be all catch and release but that does not apply to Hilljacks apparently. They are raping that place and not a CO to be found. The thought was nobel and it's a real shame...............oh well

You can't fix people not giving a crap it's just not possible...................SIGH

Post Thanks / Like
    The worst thing that could have happened to that lake was Tim Farmer catching a 7# bass on it and then broadcasting that catch on KY Afield.

Post Thanks / Like
    A guy I work with, that was his uncle's lake. He said several times that it was a bad day to only catch a couple 5# out of there on a trip. In two years it will be like the dead sea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    The worst thing that could have happened to that lake was Tim Farmer catching a 7# bass on it and then broadcasting that catch on KY Afield.
    AMEN, I said the EXACT same thing...

Post Thanks / Like

That just happens to be my job.

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Celebrating the naming of the lake in honor of friend and fellow F&W employee Kinman was a story that had to be told. Telling folks about a newly opened body of water, is not a secret for the few. Hopefully folks will fish responsibly.
    Last edited by Tim Farmer; 10-14-2014 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Spelling