Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Dude what are you even talking about nobody on this thread said one bad word about Tim. And yes it's a public lake WITH RULES!!!!
    I haven't seen any bashing about TF either.
    You can bet one thing, when the show aired and that lunker was lipped, poachers were on the phone and grabbing their outfits and calling their (DadBrother) and were telling their (SisterWife) to get out the Crisco...
    Tim does his job and stresses to be responsible, ultimately it is up to the Sportsman to police the ranks of the offenders.
    Likes mhall, kyriverblues liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gofishdave View Post
    I guess I owe everybody an apology, I tried to do something helpful that turned out like sh#*. I've been back to Kinman several times since I posted my thread and you're right, there are a lot of people keeping their fish and just acting like jerks. I'm a senior and it used to not be like that, when you helped another fisherman get in on a good thing. I guess the same bunch of inconsiderate of boaters at the lakes have now made it to about fishable waters.
    Dave
    I'm my opinion you don't owe anybody an apology. You were being helpful. If the day comes when the average fishermen stops being helpful it would be a sad day indeed.
    Likes GeoFisher, jmike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 90Gunner View Post
    Jerry Hammonds was a C.O., he was related to me and when he was on top of his game, he said to me once, "Harvest 30 bluegill, then take a bass, take 300 bluegill, then take a catfish".
    He continued, "Take your bluegill as they really feed the family, bass are treats, harvest Crappie just like Bluegill, spare your cats they help clean up the pond as do turtles".
    That was told to me when I was fishing in his pond one day about 40 years ago.
    I am 54 and what Jerry told me are words I share with anyone who will listen.
    I don't know how true the words are, they just sound right.
    I have seen good places fished out in my life and I have one place I fish that I don't even take my kids too.
    Sad that so many people will read this and laugh at this post and others who have posted concerning the rape that goes on at B.K.L
    That man who built it, had a love for the land or he would not have taken the time to build it.
    I wonder if he has regrets about letting the honey hole go?
    It is the responsibility of all the true ANGLERS who appreciate what has been turned over for people to enjoy.
    Call authorities, use 911 and program in the poacher alert hotline and spread the word to other true Sportsman, turn over info to keep thieves off our waterways and woodlands.
    Good stewards do the right thing and help manage what we have been given.
    Take your cell phones and take pictures of the thieves and their vehicles.
    Thank the landowner...
    I agree it is up to us to be responsible stewards of the land and water and to report something wrong. I do not think it is a good idea to confront the poachers in this situation, just report them. Also, keep in mind that 911 is for emergencies only and I am pretty sure keeping fish over the limit is not an emergency (as much as we wish it were lol). Call 1800-25-alert with license plate number or boat registration number.

Gofishdave, no need to apologize, you did nothing wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Dave
    I'm my opinion you don't owe anybody an apology. You were being helpful. If the day comes when the average fishermen stops being helpful it would be a sad day indeed.
    Man in my experience most fisherman are jerks! You go up and try to be nice and carry on a friendly conversation about the days results and you get weird looks and cold shoulders. Im not asking specifics because I know how to fish, just trying to be nice. There is no respect on the water either. They will blow you up on the bank or cut you off in a second without thinking twice. I honestly HATE most fisherman!! Not all, but most.

Post Thanks / Like
    I apologize for the very disrespectful behavior and how "some" of the people of the county that I live in are treating people. There is a lot of great people around here too but the trash always seems to stand out. These idiots are always wanting to fight and cuss people all the time until they are outnumbered. It is sad but I do not go fishing there or the river in Henry Co. without carrying a gun with me because of these trash and the law very rarely gets out here so its a pretty lawless area. Its is a very sad issue but all the farm ponds I fished around here growing up are gone because of these people taking every fish out of them and not giving a **** about other people. Mr. Farmer catching a big fish or someone posting on hear is not the problem, the idiots taking the fish already knew about the lake so it was only a matter of time till this happened. By the way Mr. Farmer I love the show and maybe you can help us get some law around here and the Ky river because this has been happing for years on the river with bass and sauger. I just say sorry to everyone for all the good law abiding people of Henry County. If people can take a camera and try to sneak a picture of these idiots keeping fish or of there truck or boat.
    Likes mhall, jcb, jmike, inrll, TrackerMike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Raider 502

Well the damage has been done ! This lake has been cleaned out. When this Lake first opened my son and I were on the Lake every chance we got, catching some nice fish but always giving them a kiss and putting them back in. And yes, we also witnessed fish being kept and takin out. As we fished this Lake over the last two years we watched boats being pulled out on the dock knowing they had some big fish in there live wells, wishing a Game Warden would pull in. Well here it is mid May 2016 and were really struggling to catch fish. And I've been skunked the last two times out this spring. (not good ) We were on the Lake one day last summer when to F&W boys were shocking the lake for fish counts and they said they've noticed a huge drop off on the fish numbers. I can say from here on out we'll be watching and paying more attention to what the other boats are doing with there fish. I've got the Poachers HOTLINE in my phone. I'm ready now... Let's try CATCH AND RELEASE fella's Here's a hot tip : I hear there's big fish being caught at McNeely Lake.
    Likes mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider 502 View Post
    Well the damage has been done ! This lake has been cleaned out. When this Lake first opened my son and I were on the Lake every chance we got, catching some nice fish but always giving them a kiss and putting them back in. And yes, we also witnessed fish being kept and takin out. As we fished this Lake over the last two years we watched boats being pulled out on the dock knowing they had some big fish in there live wells, wishing a Game Warden would pull in. Well here it is mid May 2016 and were really struggling to catch fish. And I've been skunked the last two times out this spring. (not good ) We were on the Lake one day last summer when to F&W boys were shocking the lake for fish counts and they said they've noticed a huge drop off on the fish numbers. I can say from here on out we'll be watching and paying more attention to what the other boats are doing with there fish. I've got the Poachers HOTLINE in my phone. I'm ready now... Let's try CATCH AND RELEASE fella's Here's a hot tip : I hear there's big fish being caught at McNeely Lake.
    Well, we/me called it and it actually happened in about the same amount of time we expected to. The lake is nothing now, I haven't been all year and why would I go like this poster said its all but cleaned out. No law enforcement at this lake made for a Hilljack's dream free for all.

''Hey bubba lets keep every one we catch and has us a fish fry''............well enough does that and you get an empty lake. I witnessed it almost every time I went there when this lake opened and it was WAY over the top to. Nice thought KDFW but with no law enforcement it was nothing more than a lake purging for the masses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hearing the lake is cleaned out makes me sad. I just got into bass fishing and kayaking this summer and had heard Benjy Kinman was worth checking out, especially for kayak fisherman... I guess I won't be checking it out now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Well, we/me called it and it actually happened in about the same amount of time we expected to. The lake is nothing now, I haven't been all year and why would I go like this poster said its all but cleaned out. No law enforcement at this lake made for a Hilljack's dream free for all.

''Hey bubba lets keep every one we catch and has us a fish fry''............well enough does that and you get an empty lake. I witnessed it almost every time I went there when this lake opened and it was WAY over the top to. Nice thought KDFW but with no law enforcement it was nothing more than a lake purging for the masses.
    WHAT........mhall posting .

Nice to see ya back.
    Likes mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Raider 502

It's not only been fished out ! it's also drying up. We we're out there Dove hunting last week and noticed the water was down about 8-10 feet. It didn't look good....