Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

areested for untagged commercial hoop net I found

I was arrested afew years back for reporting a unmarked fish net full of dead fish to the IN dnr( fish nazi's). I posted the incident on here of how it happened and of course I had some support and some naysayers saying I was guilty ( as assumed by the fish nazi's also) before I had a chance to clear my name. Art Carney was the biggest loud mouth saying how I was guily before presumed innocent and onemorecast had my back and supported me because he knows I am a sportsman not a thief. I finally after 2.5 years got my day in court and the fish Nazi's were caught lying about the facts and my case was completely dismissed and all charges dropped. ty for the support doug and hurricane bob , but Art Carney u can kiss where sun dont shine. I thing He... will freeze before I try and help another CO with any type af fishing or hunting lawbreaking, this left a bad taste for game law enforcement because of the lying and changing of the truth to try and convict me long story short I am free and the fish nazi's were suspended so before you try and help make sure you may be ready for jail as I was, because nowaday you are presume guilty and have to proove your innocent which is not how constitution is set up to work. this is my rant and the naysayers primarily Art can kis butt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrouty View Post
    I was arrested afew years back for reporting a unmarked fish net full of dead fish to the IN dnr( fish nazi's). I posted the incident on here of how it happened and of course I had some support and some naysayers saying I was guilty ( as assumed by the fish nazi's also) before I had a chance to clear my name. Art Carney was the biggest loud mouth saying how I was guily before presumed innocent and onemorecast had my back and supported me because he knows I am a sportsman not a thief. I finally after 2.5 years got my day in court and the fish Nazi's were caught lying about the facts and my case was completely dismissed and all charges dropped. ty for the support doug and hurricane bob , but Art Carney u can kiss where sun dont shine. I thing He... will freeze before I try and help another CO with any type af fishing or hunting lawbreaking, this left a bad taste for game law enforcement because of the lying and changing of the truth to try and convict me long story short I am free and the fish nazi's were suspended so before you try and help make sure you may be ready for jail as I was, because nowaday you are presume guilty and have to proove your innocent which is not how constitution is set up to work. this is my rant and the naysayers primarily Art can kis butt
    I'm glad you had your day, and I'm GLAD you were found not guilty..........

Move on, and get fishin

BTW, Bob is not a good example to be throwin around......just sayin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you post this as well on bassboatcentral as well in the "Kentucky" section?

Post Thanks / Like
    no just on here and when it happened on here also

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a shame that it took so long but I am glad to hear that justice finally prevailed and especially glad to hear the fish Nazi was suspended.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have one hell of a law suite and I would make sure that it was totaly removed from my record as well ..
    As far as doing the good deed it only ends up with you being in court either as a witness or what ever Thats why people do not get involved .
    All ways remember : If it is un marked or taged and you touch it it is yours doesnt matter if it is limb line or tree stand. This came strait from the mouth of more then one Ky.fish and wild life officer . It is also illegal to touch some one elses gear taged or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by olgreenboat View Post
    It is also illegal to touch some one elses gear taged or not.
    It can also be hazardous to your health depending on the owner.

Post Thanks / Like
    what are you to do when reeling your line in and try breaking your line and up comes a untagged net dnr was across the river but never went to even inspect the net

Post Thanks / Like
    what are you to do when reeling your line in and try breaking your line and up comes a untagged net dnr was across the river but never went to even inspect the net
    Were they staking the net out and you just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time? It sounds like the dude was trying to set up whoever just happened to come along. Probably some Barney Fife type newb trying to get a feather in his hat.

Post Thanks / Like
    no I saw them launching thier boat. I didnt know was a commercial net knew to just look for a tag when I didnt see 1 I thought maybe someone was trying to cheat in the kingcat tourney on the river I ran them down and reported it, They never even went to see the net or take a picture nothing. just started harrassing me and locked me up with trying to charge me with 4 felonies because I had caught 4 cats earlier that day and they said I removed them from the net. I never removed anything, everything in there was dead with white eyes and gills.(they could tell from thier mouth being rubbed but was in a small livewell). they impounded my truck and boat and locked me up with a 7500 full cash bond. would be like me speeding yesterday and I stopped a cop and told him and he wrote me a ticket. I mean really if I was in the wrong would I go and report to DNR that I did it, they never knew net existed until I told them what was found. They immediadly took me for guilty, no one even saw me do it and no one ever took a pic or looked at net after reportrd it either. I was guilty they had their man, glad I didnt catch a dead body I would be looking at murder. Just shows what happens when you try and help thats why people won't get involved anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe art carney is long gone from here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cut line but don't touch it then leave the area.