Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Best fishin spot in the great state of Kentucky?

I'm lookin to travel across Kentucky and want to hear about the best fishin locations from any locals

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BitchinFishin View Post
    I'm lookin to travel across Kentucky and want to hear about the best fishin locations from any locals
    Welcome to the board. What species are you targeting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Best Fishing Spot in KY is Lake "E" here in LEXINGTON.. Private, but still the best!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Welcome to the board. What species are you targeting?
    Thanks for the welcome. I would love to catch some Largemouth or Striped Bass! Know any places to recommend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbo View Post
    Best Fishing Spot in KY is Lake "E" here in LEXINGTON.. Private, but still the best!
    Thanks I'll check it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on when you are coming thru the state.....so when are you planning to be here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome. I would love to catch some Largemouth or Striped Bass! Know any places to recommend?

If by "striped bass" you are referring to Stripers or Hybrid Stripers ... my recommendation would be Lake Cumberland for Stripers, and Barren River Reservoir for Hybrid Stripers.

Largemouth Bass are abundant in most every one of our major lakes, and even some of our smaller lakes can produce some trophy sized fish. Our state record Largemouth came from Wood Creek Lake (672 acres) ... 13lbs 10oz (but that was back in 1984). We also have Cedar Creek Lake (784 acres) which is managed for trophy Largemouth Bass (size limit of 20" & creel limit of 1 fish/day) that might be of interest ... but, you'll have plenty of company (competition) if the bite is on.

And as is the case in most states waters ... "when" you fish is as important as "how" you fish, "where" on the waters you fish, & "what" you fish with !!

Cave Run Lake, Lake Cumberland, & the KY portion of Dale Hollow Lake are good Smallmouth Bass waters, as well.

... pappy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    If by "striped bass" you are referring to Stripers or Hybrid Stripers ... my recommendation would be Lake Cumberland for Stripers, and Barren River Reservoir for Hybrid Stripers.

Largemouth Bass are abundant in most every one of our major lakes, and even some of our smaller lakes can produce some trophy sized fish. Our state record Largemouth came from Wood Creek Lake (672 acres) ... 13lbs 10oz (but that was back in 1984). We also have Cedar Creek Lake (784 acres) which is managed for trophy Largemouth Bass (size limit of 20" & creel limit of 1 fish/day) that might be of interest ... but, you'll have plenty of company (competition) if the bite is on.

And as is the case in most states waters ... "when" you fish is as important as "how" you fish, "where" on the waters you fish, & "what" you fish with !!

Cave Run Lake, Lake Cumberland, & the KY portion of Dale Hollow Lake are good Smallmouth Bass waters, as well.

... pappy
    Thanks again pappy

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the start of a fun plan!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say day in, day out and year around for a variety of species Kentucky Lake would have to be at or very near the top of the list. I would speculate that within a few years Lake Cumberland will be up there too given the amount of submerged cover there is now after several years of low water levels.