Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

How To Fishing In Flow River

Many anglers want fishing at large rivers,will have the feeling of perplexity,and don't know how to fishing in so much big river, beacuse the river area is wide, the river's flow velocity is too fast,break up the fish group and don't know where the fish go; actually most of the fish are concentrated st the coast of the river,and we only need to do divided coast into separate individual,think coast is small waters area,give up the river center, so now fishing will feel easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Huh ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    Huh ?

I think what they're trying to say is ... do the same thing in a large river, as you would in a lake you've never fished before : break it up into sections, fish the obvious cover areas, and fish it the same as you would similar areas of a lake you are familiar with.

That's what I tell people that ask "how would you fish a lake you've never been on, before" ..... don't try and fish the whole lake, but concentrate your efforts in a part of the lake that is similar to more familiar waters.

... pappy

Post Thanks / Like
    In smaller rivers such as the salt, beech fork and rolling fork that I fish if there's a strong current but water doesn't look like chocolate milk and there's no debris floating everywhere I'll be fishing for sure. I look for the inlet and outlet creeks. Mostly I like to concentrate on current breaks whether it be log jams rock piles or pockets in the river on the outside of the main channel. I've had great days pulling out crappie and bass one after another. Fast moving water is probably my favorite way to fish a river. Especially during the white bass runs! I assume same goes for the big rivers but I don't fish them much.

Post Thanks / Like
    I look for rock shore and jut ins where timber can collect I fish down town cincy

Post Thanks / Like
    We do maybe 80% of our bass fishing down river from Kentucky & Barkley Dams. And the past couple years we have had better luck than the guys who fish up in the lakes. Also we usually tend to catch more smallmouth down river than we do up in the lakes.
    The whole key is to concentrate on working the current breaks and to fish your baits tight and close to the current breaks kind of like you would fish tight and close to cover on a big lake after a cold front has moved in. We use a lot of techniques similar to what you would use with a float n fly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure the original post above is some sort of bot-generated thing, not a real person.

Post Thanks / Like
    The seam where swifter correct meets slower water can be great also. A lot of times spots will stack up in areas like that in the Ohio. Especially the deeper seams, like where the channel turns away from a bluff. All depends on how the corps wants to screw with the current though. I like it where it's not roiling, but a little tough to hold the boat.