Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Beaver Lake near Lawrenceburg, KY

I am taking my Kayak out for a couple day trips from Louisville and noticed this lake on the map. Has anyone on this forum been on the lake recently and have any words of advice about the lake. I am mainly interested in bass fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been some time since I was on it last, but I'm sure it still fishes the same. Has some grass, some weed mats, plenty of shore cover.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there have been some recent threads on Beaver, try the search box ^^^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Good lake for kayaking. Lots of laydowns and wood structure. I think the store by the ramp is closed, so you may not have to pay to launch (?) Holds some decent bass. You might want to also consider Benjy Kinman lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by publican57 View Post
    I am taking my Kayak out for a couple day trips from Louisville and noticed this lake on the map. Has anyone on this forum been on the lake recently and have any words of advice about the lake. I am mainly interested in bass fishing.
    I Went the Sunday before last. First time in years. Got there around 4 am and went to the very back of the lake first so I could fish against the wind on the way back to the dock. I think they may still be using this lake as a hatchery lake. I had 29 fish only 1-14" fish every thing else was 9" to11" long. The early fish came on Buzz baits And jerk baits the later hits were on pegged sinkos and jigs in the grass. Water had good color and was 81 decrees. The dock is closed so bring what you need and there is no ramp fees. They need to put a slot limit here or stop taking all the fish to other lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Beaver Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    I Went the Sunday before last. First time in years. Got there around 4 am and went to the very back of the lake first so I could fish against the wind on the way back to the dock. I think they may still be using this lake as a hatchery lake. I had 29 fish only 1-14" fish every thing else was 9" to11" long. The early fish came on Buzz baits And jerk baits the later hits were on pegged sinkos and jigs in the grass. Water had good color and was 81 decrees. The dock is closed so bring what you need and there is no ramp fees. They need to put a slot limit here or stop taking all the fish to other lakes.
    Went there Tuesday of this week, got there about 7:00 a.m. Water was stained an 79 degrees. Caught three small bass, had maybe one more hit, have had a lot better days. Talked to a gentleman on a pontoon boat that was crappie fishing, he too was not having any luck. Caught a good one about a month ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for feedback

Probably won't make the trip. Doesn't sound that great.

Will check out Benjy Kinman Lake. I plan going to Willisburg tomorrow and will probably go to Cedar Creek Lake or Elkhorn Thursday.

Post Thanks / Like
    29 fish?! dang, how long were you out there? I consider 4+ a good day, but I typically fish for around 3 hours. 90% of the time all 4-5 fish come within the same hour and then fishing turns off for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they need to take MORE fish out not less....there are waaaay too many 11" fish in that lake, it needs thinned out to let some of them grow. the growth is stunted in that lake!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertdilbert View Post
    29 fish?! dang, how long were you out there? I consider 4+ a good day, but I typically fish for around 3 hours. 90% of the time all 4-5 fish come within the same hour and then fishing turns off for me.
    I was on the water 13hours that day. Did not do anything special started at the little dam as we call it and fished the left side all the way back to the dock. I threw a white buzzbait and if I missed a fish I would throw a jerkbait and pick up the fish I missed. I did this all the way till the point were the lake turns back to the dock. From there the bank was in the sun so I switched to sinkos and jig. If I picked up back to back fish I would go back and fish it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    I think they need to take MORE fish out not less....there are waaaay too many 11" fish in that lake, it needs thinned out to let some of them grow. the growth is stunted in that lake!
    I agree that why I said they need a slot limit so we can help take those 9" TO 11" fish out. With all those 11" and nothing bigger it tells me they are taking fish 11" and longed out. If you watch the video and watch the fish they were measuring and the ones that were in the net they were all 12" fish and larger. That last net full had some 2lb and 3lb fish in it. I know they look at what the lake will be like in 10 or 20 years. So I guess we will have to live with it. But even if it go's to idle speed I doubt if I will go back with only small fish to be caught.