Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Shimano no longer honors their warranty

I tell ya..........ALL the big brands that sell high dollar rods are no longer honoring their life time over the counter warranty.

THAT *****.

I have a bunch of Cumara rods. Some I bought new, some I bought used. I don't have receipts for most, so I'm **** HOUSE OUT OF LUCK, if I break one, and try to get the warranty honored.

One GIGANTIC reason I switched from Loomis to Shimano was because of the warranty.

PISSES me off.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I tell ya..........ALL the big brands that sell high dollar rods are no longer honoring their life time over the counter warranty. THAT *****. I have a bunch of Cumara rods. Some I bought new, some I bought used. I don't have receipts for most, so I'm **** HOUSE OUT OF LUCK, if I break one, and try to get the warranty honored. One GIGANTIC reason I switched from Loomis to Shimano was because of the warranty. PISSES me off. Later, Geo
    I broke a Cumara a couple of years ago and took it back to my dealer, no receipt, but it's a mom and pop that I've bought rods from for years. They stuck it in a tube, shipped her back to Shimano, and I had a new stick (newer year model) in about 10 days. Everything I had was Shimano. Now, I've pretty much decided that $100 is my threshold on a rod and have converted every stick in my boat to the new "Omen" series rods from 13 Fishing. They feel great in the hand, great reel seats and grips, sensitive, and have a 5 Year Warranty. I love the expensive Loomis sticks, but I just can't tell enough difference for so much more money. There is a difference, no doubt, with weight and sensitivity...but I'm fishing just fine with my $100 sticks. (I guess if you don't ever get accustomed to eating Filet Mignon, a chopped steak tastes just fine. LOL) 13 Fishing is a smaller company just making a name for themselves and I called their number to ask about availability on a rod and ended up talking to the owner. I kinda liked that. Pleased with their stuff so far, but have only been throwing them a few months. They are really working the "great rod at a decent price" angle. They are becoming so popular that they've had a hard time keeping up with demand for their products, but getting better. They actually manufacturer all of their own rod components.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I tell ya..........ALL the big brands that sell high dollar rods are no longer honoring their life time over the counter warranty.

THAT *****.

I have a bunch of Cumara rods. Some I bought new, some I bought used. I don't have receipts for most, so I'm **** HOUSE OUT OF LUCK, if I break one, and try to get the warranty honored.

One GIGANTIC reason I switched from Loomis to Shimano was because of the warranty.

PISSES me off.

Later,

Geo
    Shimano owns Loomis.

Post Thanks / Like
    George that's why I roll my own.