Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Interested in helping kids?

Hello all,
    I coach a highschool bass fishing team here in Lexington KY. We try hard to make it enjoyable and teach them the fundamentals and how to use certain rods/reels/ techniques and take them out as much as we can. Needless to say when we get these kids they have limited to no equipment or tackle. most have some basic rods or reels but very little in the way of lures.

As I was driving I thought, how cool would it be if we donated a lure or two to these kids. Old, used, those you don't like or use, those taking up space in your boat or closet or box. We obviously could use all the help we can get and if any of you felt so inclined it would be a minimal cost to drop a spinnerbait or crank bait or box of old lures or hooks in the mail and mail them to these young boys and girls.

I know it would help the team out and get these kids some different lures that they may not have used before or simply can't afford to buy.
    So with that I would ask any one willing to help out to simply drop a lure or bag of soft plastic or hooks in an envelope or small box and send them our way. I will post the address below.

Thank you guys for all you do. Jon

David W. Page
    Teacher/ Visual Art Dept Chair
    Bass Team Coach
    Lafayette High School
    401 Reed Lane
    Lexington KY 40503

Post Thanks / Like
    pkg will be on the way saturday morning.

thanks for what you do....

Post Thanks / Like
    I wrote your info down and will try and send some things soon. Keep up the good work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jeff I sent you a pm

Post Thanks / Like

Kids

Thank you guys for all you do, I know this will mean a lot to the kids. Last year Smalljaw and I donated tons of stuff to them and itstill looked like their boxes were pitiful. It's a never ending challenge to help build them up and then new kids roll through. I can't thank you guys enough for what you do.. Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbo View Post
    Hello all,
    I coach a highschool bass fishing team here in Lexington KY. We try hard to make it enjoyable and teach them the fundamentals and how to use certain rods/reels/ techniques and take them out as much as we can. Needless to say when we get these kids they have limited to no equipment or tackle. most have some basic rods or reels but very little in the way of lures.

As I was driving I thought, how cool would it be if we donated a lure or two to these kids. Old, used, those you don't like or use, those taking up space in your boat or closet or box. We obviously could use all the help we can get and if any of you felt so inclined it would be a minimal cost to drop a spinnerbait or crank bait or box of old lures or hooks in the mail and mail them to these young boys and girls.

I know it would help the team out and get these kids some different lures that they may not have used before or simply can't afford to buy.
    So with that I would ask any one willing to help out to simply drop a lure or bag of soft plastic or hooks in an envelope or small box and send them our way. I will post the address below.

Thank you guys for all you do. Jon

David W. Page
    Teacher/ Visual Art Dept Chair
    Bass Team Coach
    Lafayette High School
    401 Reed Lane
    Lexington KY 40503
    Box of lures on the way. Hope the kids enjoy them as much as I did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey jabbo, are you and some kids from your team coming to the trinity tournament on taylorsville this weekend!? If not you all should really come out! Tell me if you need the info on it if you are interested and don't already have it. I'll be out there for Trinity. Should be a lot of fun. If the fish cooperate. Which is challenging at taylorsville!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1233 View Post
    Hey jabbo, are you and some kids from your team coming to the trinity tournament on taylorsville this weekend!? If not you all should really come out! Tell me if you need the info on it if you are interested and don't already have it. I'll be out there for Trinity. Should be a lot of fun. If the fish cooperate. Which is challenging at taylorsville!
    would love to come out. We are holding a team meeting tonight and I will let everyone know. I am actually headed to Kentucky Christian University where my daughter goes to school for a football game. If I wasn't going I would love to attend. I will try to drum up some interest from our club members and maybe we can get a boat or two there.
    Thanks for the invite!!

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem! Thanks.