Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

The war on okra....

is an un-winnable war. We need to legalize and tax it. Spend our tax dollars fighting harder drugs such as the radish!

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...ef=cbTopWidget

Post Thanks / Like

good thing he was

White!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Man that would piss me off!! If at all possible someone needs their ass handed to them over this. How much money was spent on this raid?? I have had fried okra but never been fried on okra.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.................Just say no to Okra....

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree.

Everyone knows recreational Okra consumption leads to more serious habits. First it's a little Okra on the weekends...before you know it you're choking down the occasional beet...from there it's a downward slide to the turnip patch.

Seriously though, to have that much armor available to people that damned stupid really is scary. Drug policing efforts have become paramilitary operations with cops acting like special forces targeting American citizens. As the old man in the story said "It ain't right".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post

Seriously though, to have that much armor available to people that damned stupid really is scary. Drug policing efforts have become paramilitary operations with cops acting like special forces targeting American citizens. As the old man in the story said "It ain't right".
    No doubt the amount of fire power they brought does bother me. I have never been in law enforcement (national guard MP for about a year) anyway I support law enforcement to a fault at times but that was just plain wrong. What ever happened to being prepared? Intel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    No doubt the amount of fire power they brought does bother me. I have never been in law enforcement (national guard MP for about a year) anyway I support law enforcement to a fault at times but that was just plain wrong. What ever happened to being prepared? Intel?
    I support them also, but it seems certain arms of law enforcement get more paramilitary all the time, and that really does concern me.

Don't know anymore, but there used to be shows on TV where cops would get all geared up and bust doors down with a battering ram. With virtually no warning they'd storm houses of sleeping people, armed to the teeth, screaming at the top of their lungs. The last show I watched they crashed in on some schlep suspected of growing pot in the basement. I don't watch that stuff anymore because I found myself angry...almost pulling for the 'criminal'.

Everyone wants police protection, but nobody wants a police state. Maybe I'm paranoid, but it seems our freedoms at citizens are being given up/taken away faster then ever.

Post Thanks / Like

whatever???

Isn't there a phrase someplace"Innocent till proven guilty". How does it work today, Guilty, prove your self innocent.