Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

18 Wheelers on I-75

Traveling north on 75 I witnessed something that I think should be illegal. The South bound lane had signs for miles of construction ahead and the left lane was closed ahead....I know because I travelled down that way about 8am this morning...anyway the construction area was one lane which is cool and the traffic was backed up was miles because of this...or so I thought.
    About a mile in the backup I noticed two 18 wheelers sitting side by side and backing traffic up on both lanes for another mile. Those folks didn't know why they were crawling along so they were stuck in traffic. I cannot stand when others feel they need to regulate what others do when they have no legal right to do so. Are they allowed to block traffic like this??? Even the left shoulder was blocked because the trucker behind the first butthead pulled over to make sure nobody could get passed their blockade. Jerks!
    I can promise this......I won't be cutting these drivers ANY slack anymore. I travel a lot for work (average 25k miles a year) and most of it is up and down I-75.
    These truckers drive a lot more than I and I suppose they feel like they should police the roads but they are wrong. They hold up traffic going up hills because they can't or won't stay behind another trucker so we all have to go 45 mph up a hill when the speed limit is 70mph.
    Just wanted to rant a little and I stand by my statement.....no more politeness from me on these guys and girls driving the big rigs. Ohhh and if you drive trucks for a living.......I don't care your guilty by association.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Traveling north on 75 I witnessed something that I think should be illegal. The South bound lane had signs for miles of construction ahead and the left lane was closed ahead....I know because I travelled down that way about 8am this morning...anyway the construction area was one lane which is cool and the traffic was backed up was miles because of this...or so I thought.
    About a mile in the backup I noticed two 18 wheelers sitting side by side and backing traffic up on both lanes for another mile. Those folks didn't know why they were crawling along so they were stuck in traffic. I cannot stand when others feel they need to regulate what others do when they have no legal right to do so. Are they allowed to block traffic like this??? Even the left shoulder was blocked because the trucker behind the first butthead pulled over to make sure nobody could get passed their blockade. Jerks!
    I can promise this......I won't be cutting these drivers ANY slack anymore. I travel a lot for work (average 25k miles a year) and most of it is up and down I-75.
    These truckers drive a lot more than I and I suppose they feel like they should police the roads but they are wrong. They hold up traffic going up hills because they can't or won't stay behind another trucker so we all have to go 45 mph up a hill when the speed limit is 70mph.
    Just wanted to rant a little and I stand by my statement.....no more politeness from me on these guys and girls driving the big rigs. Ohhh and if you drive trucks for a living.......I don't care your guilty by association.
    I have zero problem with them blocking the ASS HATS that run to the front of the lane and then cut everyone off. YOU know exactly what I'm talking about. My blood pressure boils when that happens.

I've actually done the "blocking" myself. The amount of time it costs me letting dumbasses into the lane is significant compared to the amount of time I don't lose when I move my big ass truck over into the lane and block their sorry asses.

The sign says lane closed 2 miles ahead.........not lane closed 2 miles ahead, so RUN to the front of the pack and disrupt traffic for everyone behind you because you're a MORON. .

I see it both ways.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with GEO on this.
    When a sign states, "Left lane closed two miles ahead" and people are still screaming by in the left lane to get ahead of everybody that has merged to the right GRRRRRRRRRRRR, I won't let these inconsiderate, self centered, morons back into the right lane if it's in my ability to stop them.

It's not that difficult for all of us to slow down just a little,merge to the right and continue in a smooth,orderly, and even faster pace than if both lanes are stopped to let the morons back into the open lane.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do however agree with DJD when one truck is traveling at 45.005 MPH trying to pass another truck traveling at 45.002 MPH. I've been caught behind this type for over 20 miles on an Interstate.

Post Thanks / Like

how about

The asses who wont get out of the passing lane? Courtesy and the law says keep to the right. I have seen trucks do the blocking, and my hats off to a lot of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    whats makes it worse, the one lane will be a 55 speed limit and everyone has to slow down to 30 to watch the work going on. as both lanes turn to one, if everyone would hit the single lane and maintain 55 the backup wouldn't be as bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    whats makes it worse, the one lane will be a 55 speed limit and everyone has to slow down to 30 to watch the work going on. as both lanes turn to one, if everyone would hit the single lane and maintain 55 the backup wouldn't be as bad.
    RARELY can you maintain that speed. Even if they were not gawking, you could not maintain it.

But you're right, the gawkers need to GO.......

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my biggest frustrations in life is that about 70% of the world doesn't seem to realize that the left lane's only purpose is to pass and get back in the right lane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    One of my biggest frustrations in life is that about 70% of the world doesn't seem to realize that the left lane's only purpose is to pass and get back in the right lane.
    Yep mine too (unless your cruising faster than everyone then to me stay in that lane)....on a side note, I feel that one of the problems is that people feel the need to be the police by blocking others who have every human right to speed and get caught if their luck goes that way.

Speeding can be anything over the posted speed limit....regardless of the amount. I let people by and actually welcome it on the interstates because I will fall in line behind them. I usually let them get up a good ways to flush any law enforcement out for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Yep mine too (unless your cruising faster than everyone then to me stay in that lane)....on a side note, I feel that one of the problems is that people feel the need to be the police by blocking others who have every human right to speed and get caught if their luck goes that way.

Speeding can be anything over the posted speed limit....regardless of the amount. I let people by and actually welcome it on the interstates because I will fall in line behind them. I usually let them get up a good ways to flush any law enforcement out for me.
    Exactly, and if you want to try and block the lane or hold someone up, you should have been in law enforcement.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for slowing the traffic down on i-75

Since I'm working on that job that at times can be extremely dangerous when some think they can run 70 through the workzone. There have been several incidents over the years that I have worked for the company doing the work there. The first job we done just south of Richmond several years ago was expected to loose 6 employees due to negligent drivers. Thankfully & very luckily we didn't as this was before the practice of using barrier walls was in place. Of course the job were doing now barrier walls isn't an option.I bet a lot would slow down if they realized if given a ticket in a work zone on the interstate that they will pay the fine, but it will be doubled & if speeding & killing someone they can be charged with either murder or vehicular homicide. I myself appreciate the big rigs slowing speeders down as I sure do like coming home to my family at night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Since I'm working on that job that at times can be extremely dangerous when some think they can run 70 through the workzone. There have been several incidents over the years that I have worked for the company doing the work there. The first job we done just south of Richmond several years ago was expected to loose 6 employees due to negligent drivers. Thankfully & very luckily we didn't as this was before the practice of using barrier walls was in place. Of course the job were doing now barrier walls isn't an option.I bet a lot would slow down if they realized if given a ticket in a work zone on the interstate that they will pay the fine, but it will be doubled & if speeding & killing someone they can be charged with either murder or vehicular homicide. I myself appreciate the big rigs slowing speeders down as I sure do like coming home to my family at night.
    If you speed and get caught so be it and I think most people know the fines are doubled in work zones. I'm talking about when your inching along for miles and miles becUse the truck drivers feel the need to make their own traffic blocks.

If I worked on an interstate I would be very careful and regardless of laws people will drive like an idiot so I wouldn't bank my safety on laws that very few follow. Now, making up new guidelines because a person feels the need to decide on how traffic will flow is wrong. If a law enforcement officer was directing the traffic then fine but unless they deputized all 18 wheelers into that role then those folks should stop it.

Btw.....I wasn't describing a person driving breaking laws I just needed to vent over truck drivers who feel the need to regulate the rest of us with their big rigs.....maybe they are over compensating for something else???? Hahahaha

Be safe out there man.