Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Taylorsville lake report

Anyone fishing Taylorsville lake lately? Not looking for spots, just wanting to know:
    1. Has lake turned over?
    2. Water temps?
    3. Water clarity?
    4. Shad back in the creeks?
    Coming down 10/24-25. Havent fish Taylorsville in about 7 years. You can PM if you want.
    Looking forward to this trip. It has been a long time since I last fished it. It will be good to
    get out on the water.
    Thanks,
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished it last Saturday in a tournament. Actually came in third. Water temp was 64 degrees. We actually tried just about everything that people recommended but ended up goin back to what I do best which is flippin. We threw about anything that looked like a crawdad. Had the best luck on tubes a little bit further up the lake. I should be out there sometime this week actually. Have my fall break from school so I'm gonna try to get out on the water as much as possible. Good luck, drew
    Likes peter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Any more updates?
    PM me if you want. Not looking for specific spots just patterns. Not in a tournament
    just fun fishing!
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like

Last sunday

I fished taylorsville the last couple weekends and its been tough. both tournaments were won with 2 fish. The fish are scratted from deep to shallow, but it appeared to me the lake had turned over last week and the shad were moving to the backs of creeks and flats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the posts guys. This helps alot! I will give a full report after next weekend.
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like
    Any updates, heading down Friday.
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like
    Still flippin. Heard the crankbait and jerkbait bite was on. Don't know if it's really true but that's what I was told. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crankbait bite is definitely on! We fished 1/2 day Friday. Caught 4 bass. Saturday was much better. We caught around 20. Had 2 keepers, lost 3 more that were keepers that shook off. Caught 4 nice white bass around 13". Run and gun whole time. Put in @ Van Buren ramp but ran all the way up to the dam. Fished in creeks on rock and wood. Caught all fish on laydowns and where there were shad! Upper areas were better than lower part of lake.
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassky View Post
    Crankbait bite is definitely on! We fished 1/2 day Friday. Caught 4 bass. Saturday was much better. We caught around 20. Had 2 keepers, lost 3 more that were keepers that shook off. Caught 4 nice white bass around 13". Run and gun whole time. Put in @ Van Buren ramp but ran all the way up to the dam. Fished in creeks on rock and wood. Caught all fish on laydowns and where there were shad! Upper areas were better than lower part of lake.
    Bassky
    Thanks for the report! I could've used it yesterday though lol. I fished for a few hours and gave up on bass fishing about 10 minutes into the trip. That high pressure turned me to crappie and from what I can tell the crappie are still on main lake laydowns. Only fished for a couple of hours and had a couple big keepers but I couldn't get my bait down to the crappie due to all of those **** little bluegill. The shad were loaded in the creeks and coves though.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

My brother and a buddy of ours fished Wed thru Sat. They caught over 100 bass. Big fish was around 5lbs. Caught a few white bass and a 30lb drum. Sad news is they only had 10 keepers in those 4 days. Caught most of their fish on CB, some on plastic and topwater. Water temps were 63º clear, lower to dingy in upper part of lake.
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys talking about hybrids?
    I've never caught a white bass at Taylorsville.

Post Thanks / Like

Water Conditions At Taylorsville Lake

What condition is the lake in after the rain yesterday? Any info would be appreciated. Does the lake get muddy on the upper end? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jcclark View Post
    You guys talking about hybrids?
    I've never caught a white bass at Taylorsville.