Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Green River Lake anybody been for bass, thnx

Heading there this weekend never been on the lake. Just curious what the temps are and water color if nothing else. But if anybody has a bass report it would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    The water temp sunday was 70.4 degrees with about 2 foot visibility. But with all this rain coming in tonight both of those will differ of course. If i talk with anyone over that area this week i will keep you posted. Good Luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sunday/Monday the lake was on a slow rise. Monday night early Tuesday morning we got a good amount of rain. The lake will rise more Tuesday and Wednesday. If I had to guess I would say 2-4 more feet. Unless your dead set on coming this weekend I would change my plans. I know of 3 different tournaments this weekend. All three combined will have around 85 boats. Given the fact that the inflow areas will have heavy color it will fish smaller than normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    Sunday/Monday the lake was on a slow rise. Monday night early Tuesday morning we got a good amount of rain. The lake will rise more Tuesday and Wednesday. If I had to guess I would say 2-4 more feet. Unless your dead set on coming this weekend I would change my plans. I know of 3 different tournaments this weekend. All three combined will have around 85 boats. Given the fact that the inflow areas will have heavy color it will fish smaller than normal.
    Looks like it will be up some do you know any spots that are historically good when the water is up a few feet?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not hesitate to go fishing at GRL if I wanted to. The tournaments are usually done by 3pm and after that time there should be very little boat traffic to contend with. Just a word of caution though, one of the tournaments is a yak tournament. I am sure those guys and gals in the yaks would appreciate everyone being especially watchful when running and to exercise some extra caution and courtesy when around them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    I would not hesitate to go fishing at GRL if I wanted to. The tournaments are usually done by 3pm and after that time there should be very little boat traffic to contend with. Just a word of caution though, one of the tournaments is a yak tournament. I am sure those guys and gals in the yaks would appreciate everyone being especially watchful when running and to exercise some extra caution and courtesy when around them.

Very well said I think sometimes people tend to not pay much attention to smaller boats specially yaks.. I'm going to try and hang into a musky this weekend good luck to all and happy fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumphunter View Post
    Very well said I think sometimes people tend to not pay much attention to smaller boats specially yaks.. I'm going to try and hang into a musky this weekend good luck to all and happy fishing.
    There has been a few occasions in the past the we have been running full-bore in the area of Camp Kentahten on GRL and at a distance that is a little too close for comfort I will notice kids in yaks out on the lake. I guess at higher running speeds we all tend to get tunnel vision and not notice the yaks because we are concentrating so much on looking out for other boats.

We will be out there tomorrow enjoying a nice and quite day on the lake. If your go way back in some of the smaller feeder creeks and throw a white spinnerbait you will have a good shot at hanging into a musky at this time of the year. Btw, the COE opened up the dam gates today. Tight lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    There has been a few occasions in the past the we have been running full-bore in the area of Camp Kentahten on GRL and at a distance that is a little too close for comfort I will notice kids in yaks out on the lake. I guess at higher running speeds we all tend to get tunnel vision and not notice the yaks because we are concentrating so much on looking out for other boats.

We will be out there tomorrow enjoying a nice and quite day on the lake. If your go way back in some of the smaller feeder creeks and throw a white spinnerbait you will have a good shot at hanging into a musky at this time of the year. Btw, the COE opened up the dam gates today. Tight lines.

Are the COE still drawing the water hard right now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumphunter View Post
    Are the COE still drawing the water hard right now?
    According to this : http://lrl-apps.lrl.usace.army.mil/w...plots/grr.html .... it doesn't appear like they are. Looks like they have it back down to Summer Pool. Normal Winter drawdown starts in Nov and level should be at Winter Pool by Dec. But, according to the chart history, they yanked the bottom out of it, last year.

... pappy
    Likes Stumphunter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Theyre going to draw it 4ft farther this year than normal to do maintenance on their water tower. Should show some insteresting things

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Theyre going to draw it 4ft farther this year than normal to do maintenance on their water tower. Should show some insteresting things
    I've never fished there, but I bet that will make some places dangerous.............ya think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I've never fished there, but I bet that will make some places dangerous.............ya think?
    There will be a few humps that could be just under the water, but most anybody with a gps should be able to avoid em. Just hope people use common sense and follow the channel, but there could be a few junked lower units this winter, especially people attempting to get in the creeks