Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebola Virus

Post Thanks / Like

Ebola Virus

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health...eed/index.html

Have family flying for the holidays and I am honestly not comfortable seeing that happen. I will drive to Florida instead...yeah its not as convenient but I won't be breathing that infected air!! Yeah I am a germaphobe when it comes to airplanes...especially in the Winter when passengers with colds and flu viruses are flying as well. Now add the possibility of something like this?!?!?!?! Ohhhh hale no!

Anyone else concerned about this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health...eed/index.html

Have family flying for the holidays and I am honestly not comfortable seeing that happen. I will drive to Florida instead...yeah its not as convenient but I won't be breathing that infected air!! Yeah I am a germaphobe when it comes to airplanes...especially in the Winter when passengers with colds and flu viruses are flying as well. Now add the possibility of something like this?!?!?!?! Ohhhh hale no!

Anyone else concerned about this?
    Yeah, I'm concerned. I keep hearing Ebola is hard to get, but then 2 trained medical professionals who treated the first terminal patient in the US come down with it. WTH?

The government has been making proclamations about the disease, when I believe all along they didn't really know their asses from a hole in the ground. Instead of doing the hard thing and assembling a team of scientists and doctors, the government takes the easy route and sends in soldiers.

Post Thanks / Like
    If ebola is such a threat why do we continue to allow flights from the infected country's to the United States? I say shut down our air travel to those country's and if we have u.s citizens/doctors over there they need to be tested for ebola before they come back home and need to be brought back on private planes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Yeah, I'm concerned. I keep hearing Ebola is hard to get, but then 2 trained medical professionals who treated the first terminal patient in the US come down with it. WTH?

The government has been making proclamations about the disease, when I believe all along they didn't really know their asses from a hole in the ground. Instead of doing the hard thing and assembling a team of scientists and doctors, the government takes the easy route and sends in soldiers.
    The gubment and CDC have been worried about ULTRA STUPID ****..........the CDC center for disease control was CREATED to keep **** like ebola from our shores.

Instead they worry about dumbass stuff just look at their primary initiatives.

http://www.cdc.gov/stltpublichealth/strategy/index.html

Pisses me off. We'd be better off abolishing them and doing our own thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    If ebola is such a threat why do we continue to allow flights from the infected country's to the United States? I say shut down our air travel to those country's and if we have u.s citizens/doctors over there they need to be tested for ebola before they come back home and need to be brought back on private planes.
    Election Year. We will find out all we need to know in 3 weeks. AFTER a few thousand folks have been infected, and after a few hundred or thousand deaths.

PISSES me off.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    We work in hospitals and the Nursecall product we sell, install and service is sold nationwide. We expect to be getting updates from the manufacture as to how this could effect our position in hospitals. Naturally we have the product we sell installed in hospitals all over the country (including Dallas) so getting behind the scenes info could be interesting.

We have to get certified with hospital infection control policies and Hospital Engineer programs on a regular basis. They discuss MRSA, aspergillosis and many other infections that we could have a hand in spreading by not following the hospital guidelines. Ebola may be another topic real soon if this doesn't get nipped in the bud. Can you imagine what a few infected folks wandering around could do to our country??? This thing could get tied to illegal immigration in a heartbeat if it's found out that an illegal has the disease. What about terrorists? Look at how tough it would be to battle that!?!?!?? Yeah ok I may be stretching it a little but I just don't think we have been told the whole truth yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    They keep saying you can't get it from airborn particulates...ok then why do they wear masks when dealing with it. I call Bull S hit and Zero isn't gonna to stop travel like most all of the other sensible countries even GB because God forbid he may offend somebody. I loathe that son of a bitch more every day, I mean I honestly hate his rotten sticking filthy guts!

I wouldn't travel to Africa that festering S hit hole if you paid my way gave me free lap dances from Heidi Klum and I had all the Ribeye's and cold Bud Light Platinums I could drink. Get these infected MFer's the hell out of our country NOW and stop all travel to these third world crap holes at once!!!
    Likes Tyme2fish liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry guys but this crap has made me beyond mad. I knew when they started bringing them infected SOB's to this country what would happen. I mean was it that hard to figure out......SMFH
    Likes LJP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

how it got here

PRIVATE AND STOCK HOLDR COMPANY'S. We cannot tell airlines where to fly.Ebola got here just the same way a nuke could, UPS Fed Ex,even airlines carry cargo we don't know about. It was warned a long time ago, that quick global travel would develope problems, but that was toned down, free enterprise will cure all ills.I wouldn't care one bit if ALL travel to All africa was restricted. We'd just need to learn to live with a few things we like. Business and industry coild care less what happens anywhere if it adds to the bottom line.

Post Thanks / Like

Sh-t happens

Spanish flu,ever hear of it? that was one of the biggest factors in ending WW1. Hundreds of thousands died from it. Asian flu, I rember that one real well, I was TDY in the army, traveling between zones and got three flu shots in amonth.I would get a woody eating "lice klispys". Then came swine flu, got a couple of those, and thought the muppets was a stag film. There have been tiny creatures killing us for centurys.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Cdc head said...

..."we cannot possibly contemplate closing the borders on these emerging democracies as it would be a terrible impact on their economies..." Source: FOX News interview.

Post Thanks / Like

not to worry!!!!

A few african states are closing their borders with the affected states. That ought to work, works here right? BUT, there are over 100,000 chinese construction workers in parts of west africa. Throw in a few thousand other asian workers, now there might be a slight minor problem. Are they in contact with africans?.