Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Big Head Carp Takeover

Seems to me the Chinese are taking over our waterways with these Carp to feed their faces.
    They pollute their waters and other resources and enslave their people to make toys and other items we use on a daily basis. How did we go from a Land of Plenty to a land of IMPORT?
    i don't blame them, I blame America at large, "We the People" permit our Government officials to sell each and everyone of us out at an alarming rate. We are becoming indentured servants to a Communist Nation.
    we need Leadership in Washington, D.C. To stand up to any country that bullies their way into our markets by way of Treaties.
    We treat this and other problems with talk, we need action to eradicate these fish from our waterways. "We the People" need to pressure the "Thieves" in DC to represent what is best for the Nation, not what is best for the people they sleep with.
    i say feed the Politicians to the fish, that will kill them off. That will eradicate 2 problems that are damning our Country.

Post Thanks / Like

No longer {we the people ! }

Sorry its {we the {government} ill be honest...when government votes themselves a raise multiple times and we dont have a say in it that just wrong ! I quit voting ! My wife says you should vote for the lesser of 2 evils. Waste your time if you want for either party this country is run by government only and if someone gets in office with a honesty to help the country and not themselves they get blackballed ! Oh by the way want to know who runs the government.....gas companys and insurance companys for the most part........i wish there was a way to change it and maybe one day it will happen..but it dont look good ! Theres my 2 cents...later jc

Post Thanks / Like
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."
    --unknown
    Likes LJP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." --unknown
    I believe it was

1787 Scottish historian Alexander Tytler
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    WE brought the asian carp here. We imported them !! According to the National Wildlife Federation :

"Asian carp were imported into the U.S. in the 1970s to filter pond water in fish farms in Arkansas. Flooding allowed them to escape and establish reproducing populations in the wild by the early 1980s. At present, bighead carp have been found in the open waters of 23 states and silver carp in 17 states. "

Can't blame the Chinese or our govt. for their presence. (as much as most of us would like to)

... pappy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    WE brought the asian carp here. We imported them !! According to the National Wildlife Federation :

"Asian carp were imported into the U.S. in the 1970s to filter pond water in fish farms in Arkansas. Flooding allowed them to escape and establish reproducing populations in the wild by the early 1980s. At present, bighead carp have been found in the open waters of 23 states and silver carp in 17 states. "

Can't blame the Chinese or our govt. for their presence. (as much as most of us would like to)

... pappy
    Seems like the officials always bring something in or try something to fix a problem......and screw it up!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Seems like the officials always bring something in or try something to fix a problem......and screw it up!!
    The Chinese, nor government officials have anything to do with asian carp. Its a cute government consipiracy, but like most conspiracy theories it has no basis in fact. Silver and Big Head carp were brought here by commercial fish farmers -primarily in Louisiana and Arkansas-to control algea growth in their ponds. When the waterways flooded they ended up in the Mississippi River system and have spread.
    Likes kygorski liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Don, I didn't mean to quote you. I was aiming that at the OP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Sorry Don, I didn't mean to quote you. I was aiming that at the OP.
    No sweat Tim. I'll call the men headed to your house off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    No sweat Tim. I'll call the men headed to your house off.
    Thank you sir! I preshiate it!